Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its all God's grace I passed this exam - boss007
Hi guys am very thrilled to have passed this exam after an average performance in the exam.There were many glitches in my performance and was really not very sure of the outcome till I saw the result today.Some of the things because of which I was concerned were-
1.I couldnt arrive at a sureshot diagnosis for atleast 5 cases.I remember I forgot to ask certain crucial questions in these cases thus I couldnt come to a conclusion.
2.Did not summarise in any case.I got mixed opinion during my preparation time whether to summarize or not.So I decided not to.My perfomance scale in CIS component shows that its average,so I feel I must have lost few points because of not summerizing.I think its important to summerize.
3.I also forgot to do some crucial tests in many cases.For example SLR test in case of back pain and few others which I am unable to recollect at this moment.
4.Also my patient notes were not great either.I got an average performance for this.I was not aware that many pple flunck in patient notes,so I feel I didnt practice enough of this.While writing the patient notes especially History of present illness I used to get the feeling that I was all at sea.I felt that time the necessity to have practised more for it.But what saved me I feel is I followed the pattern they were lookin for.The pattern described in First Aid.
5.Ran short of time in couple of cases.Which I think happens to evrybody.
These r some of the things I remember at this moment but am sure there are many more glitches I was tensed about.

My prep-FA was my main tool.I read this book in and out atleast 6 times.I looked at cases in mle world that were not there in first aid and lil bit of neeraj notes.I feel what really worked is for every complaint that patient presents with, I had a certain pattern of askin questions,which I feel was a result of reading FA so many times.And I used all the standard pneumonics like OPDFCAA,LIQRAA,PAMHUGSFOSS.I was lucky to have got couple of gud docs through this forum with whom I practised and that really helped me.My total prep time for this exam was 3 weeks.

For all the test takers,the following the components they look for-

1.ICE
A.Data Gathering B.Patient Notes

2.CIS
A.Questionning Skills B.Information Sharing Skills C.Professional Manner and Rapport

3.Spoken English

Dont neglect any of these components or subcomponents.People can fail based on any of these components or subcomponents.I was not aware of this distribution and as result didnt practise patient notes enough and due to which my patient notes component reads average to below average performance.

If u pple have any further doubts,please do ask me and I shall be very happy to help u out.

when and where was ur exam?
Congratulation!and thanks for sharing!
took exam on 23 july in chacago.Thanks sunima
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »