Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step3 FAIL - penci
I got 61 (3 digit 161) . I don't know how to improve? I am not even close to pass. I just did uworld four times and kaplan step 2 ck notes 2003 edition. I am not in residency, Is there anything I can make changes to my study pattern. Any suggestions will be appreciated, Thank you.
sorry that it happened to you but you will pass....you have been using ,first of all, old Kaplan material, second-UW needs to be a supplemental material to any main material ,e.g PR or Kaplan(last edition)....i think i successfully passed this step because 3 mo before my exam i purchased PR material. I am so thankful to person who advised me to use this material for this exam. Also, you need to have particular plan/strategy how to prepare yourself for this step.
first i am sorry to hear that
being in the medical field and passed step 1,2 , cs makes me have no doubts that this is a temporary fall and u can fix it and get things done

few questions:
1- when was ur ck, what was ur score
2- are actively practicing medicine /research? or do u work in other field for financial support ?

3- how did u feel after u finished ur exam immediately, if u felt that u were ok, that is a problem , as it means u did not realize ur mistakes

--------------------

advice will differ according ur personal situation, family support and finance but generally
1- a live course if affordable will have the greatest impact , though this is not a must, but specially good if ur not practicing currently

2- ck gives u 40 % of what is needed ( dont spend 6 months on ck material only)

3- take few days of mental peace, then formulate ur personalized plan
4-6 months would be great, 2 months no too early dont rush it, 6 months or more too late ur gona lose focus and the tempo

the must haves:
UW and Kaplan q bank

others: accrding to ur own preference (whatever book or notes u feel comfortable with)

take nbme /uwsa at mid study not just before the exam , to identify ur weakness and remedy it in appropriate time

focus on a family practice book as arefrence not an internal medicine book (refrence not a primary source)
i wish u a good luck next time

(if u have famly constrains, children..etc that might have impacted ur study, u got figure it out , send them to day care, get some help from relatives..etc)
Take a deep breath and break for 2-3 days and forget the past. Start afresh begining. Start with premier review vdos/audios, listen each and every word, and finish in 10-14 days, thestart doing 100 qns a day refer premiers retropectiverly...compile the material in one source so that u can revise everyting in last 2-3 weeks. Dont toucjh uw again, u wud remember the answers so it wont help..,.. u have so many other sources. Do kaplan q bank..also do MTB...take uw accessment test 1 month before exam. You'll be fine.

This exam is not only about medicalknowledge but a lot about stamina and ability to extract pertinent information. That is what happens in real life....we have big charts in hospital, we have to extract what we need. Not to get lost in unnecessary information.

Good luck.
If you need PR material let me know....
Good luck!!!
Can u plz send me too.I really need it.
my email is drsara_03

thanxs in advance
i want premier review audio and video. my email is toheek
Your score is 61. Please do not get disheartened.
Your score being 61, realistically, you should improve both MCQS and the CCS. You should kill the CCS part next time. Make sure to practice ccs cases daily. If you want to get a good course on CCS and live demonstrations, take Archer CCS Workshop.
For theory, do Archer video lectures and master the boards. You can repeat UW , there is no harm in that. You must also do kaplan qbank. But do these after thoroughly reading master the boards and listening to Archer videos.
Do not follow too many sources. Do some research for yourself and slect a good source for preperation. Your preperation source will matter the most.
After all the above, remember to practice many CCS cases each and every day and to do some mcqs each and every day. After all this, pray and leave it to God. You will do well.
Thank you very much for suggestions. This time I will stick to PR notes, audio lectures and Kaplan Q bank and q book. Does anyone have master the boards?

Thank you once again.
I have Master the Boards( book)...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »