Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
communication skills....... - somivenkat
hai... many of them told that --than getting great scores , we have to impress them at our interview itseems ---for which we need good INTERVIEW SKILLS & COMMUNICATION SKILLS . can anyone guide me how to improve my communication skills ... like any online courses or any good sites or any centers ... plz plz guide me & help me .....thanks a lot in advance.
just be yourself....Communication skills cannot be learnt via any course etc.....you have your own personal style you grew up with....be confident with yourself and face the interviewer. Best of Luck.
i mean to say --communication skills in english......plz do help me
Well....I am sure your English skills arent low...u seem to be writing ok....and since you got through the steps u must be fine.....also your name sounds indian so may be u must be an indian img....they are pretty ok with their english....is there any specific help that u need? I also heard that you can contact Kaplan....they also guide people in this interveiw preperation...may be they will be able to tell you.
THANKS A LOT for your response . i am very good at studies & perform well in theory exams but i used to face some trouble in orals in india. now in usa i am not familiar with amrerican slang yet---so i am worried & trying to take some course . i heard that so many people will take fluency & communication courses to overcome this... so if anybody knows about that ---plz help
You would experience american english during your
step 2 CS exam. I understand you have not taken
your step 2 CS yet. If you can be in US one week before
CS you will be alright with your communication skills.
For interview preparation you may refer to following
website

http://bloggerbliss.googlepages.com/
Alot of people actually find that watching TV helps! Just listening to an English show or watching news on CNN or something helps you orient yourself with the language and terms commonly in use nowadays. Also you can try practicing with a friend. If you know anyone whose fluent in English or its his native tongue, just talking to him helps.

Maybe you could try one of those sites online where you can practice english. There are alot of free sites nowadays. Or if you are feeling really unsure of yourself, you could always join a conversational course in your area to help you with your english.

The thing to remember is that no one expects you to be perfect in english. They just expect someone who is comfortable with the language, so that he'll be able to communicate with the patients and those he work with.

Good luck
thanks a lot for your wonderful advice... you really understood my problem ...but i need to know those free online sites for improving fluency....if anybody knows plz tell me
Here are some websites you might want to have a look at:

www.englishpage.com

www.livemocha.com/learn-english

www.learn4good.com/languages/english.htm

www.funeasyenglish.com

There are hundreds of sites out there; hope you find something suitable for what you need. Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »