Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there no justice at Free State Med. School? - lebang
We were around ten in our group when we started med. School, today it is me and one friend, 30% of the class receives academic exclusion each year, just to keep head above water one must really not be sleeping and doing massive and heart-rendering work, I love studying and enjoy hard work, I entered med. School with Mayoral Award of best candidates in the district, but what seems to be happening at Free State med. School is just breaking students down. I guess u ll only know it when u r really in it. Such only happens in the English class, which is mainly composed of people of color. I hate to sound like this but as I have said u ll only know it when u r really it. Segregated classes, segregated student accomodations, even a mere swimming pool has black and white sides. Do u know of the Reitz story of the University of the Free State?
A big mistake I did after completing secondary school with awards and distinctions of excellence by coming to the province of the Free State in South Africa. I thought Apartheid was a thing of the past!
The point is, with an academic transcript that does not represent even half of ur abilities what do u do now? A childhood dream of attaining residency training in the U.S seems to be shuttered by seeing no possibility of being selected for residency interviews with the low grades reflecting on my school academic transcript. Will excellent USMLE step 1,2ck and cs, and step3 blind Residency Program Directors of my med. School grade, how will I convince them is not so much of the grades but the rating system. Currently, doing research so as to boost my credentials, and also intending to do at least 12 months U.S externship before starting with applications. Is there no goodness on earth? I am just trying to find a way around the problem.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »