Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum guidance - what to do to ace step 3? - instant_cure
Hey guys I've used the forum's advice before I was thinking about starting to study for step 3. It's been a while since I took ck many months actually. what are the books for success on step 3 I want to score upper 90's. Please give me your unbiased thoughts on various review books, services and guide me to the right path

These are some of the questions I have:

1. What are Dr. Red's notes and Archers review? are they good? worth spending money? can they be downloaded free?

2. boards and wards useful for step 3 prep?

3. first aid for step 2 ck vs. first aid for step 3? what's the difference and which one is better?

4. Is crush really that good for step 3 and step 2, seems basic and for step 3 it's even smaller.

5. usmle world vs other question banks

6. Any other book you strongly recommend to boost up your score

* I read people were using CMDT for prep? Is that realistic? who can read that book cover to cover I thought it was a reference? Are people serious?

you're telling me no one took step 3?
come on someone shed some light on this topic
review PR notes, step 3 kaplan and CK books, do UW qbank and kaplan qbank. then you are ready to go. you will ace the step 3. good luck
what are PR notes?
PR= Premier Review.
Advertisement is on the right corner of the page.
Thanks a lot, but is there any way I can get the PR Notes/Home Study Kit for Free? I'm kind of broke right now?
i don't know how to get a high score, but i passed. if you want my opinion on your comments, then here you go.

i liked Kaplan Qbank over UW but i did UW first. i am not sure which was more reflective of the exam.

I like FA step3. i didn't like FA Step2 CK for the step2CK. I had an older version of Crush, and it was a quick read. it seemed like the Step2CK and Step3 versions are similar.

I wouldn't read CMDT. that's too much information. i would think of common diseases and know how to manage them after initial management, and if you need to read it in CMDT that would work. i don't recall the vague differentials that would require looking them up in CMDT.

I liked Boards and Wards. it was a great book to read when i had downtime in a bookstore or somewhere. but brief.

I liked doing questions as a review. i think helps alot then reading and studying because it helps to see if you understand the stuff you are reading over and over again. i would carry around Blueprints Medicine and Boards and Wards. and go between the two books.

i used UW for CCS cases. that helped in understanding the program. the cases are straightfoward. but you do need to make sure you do the appropriate tests. that's the key to that.

good luck.
thanks a lot buddy for all the info. Do you mind sharing your score? I'm really aiming high for this text 99 is my goal. I wanted advice to gear up into that strategy. I've started reading the kaplan step 2 lecture notes again.
I don't know why my score would matter? i didn't get into the 90s and i prefaced my comments with that, so i guess you can just reject my opinions on the books.

good luck with your review. maybe you will do better than me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »