Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
counselling safe sex - docindistress
While counselling a patient with h/o multiple sexual partners and STD, do you counsel the patient to avoid having multiple sexual partners? Obviously you counsel the patients to use condoms, undergo HIV testing and recommend examination/treatment of the partner.
i would tell him wht multiple sex partner can cause..but not ask him to be monogamous.
rest is ok
hey docindistress,
long time no see! Are you still in the DC area? I thought you were done with all your exams. I didn't know you still had the cs to tackle. As you might already know from reading in the forum I'm done with ck (got 89) and recently passed cs as well. Good to be free!! You're almost there too.

Anyways, as far as the multiple sex partner patient, as you said you need to counsel the pt for safe sex practice, std testing, and if found anything urging the pt to tell the partner(s) so they can get tested/treated as well. As far as telling her to stop having multiple partners, although the intention is good, but the statement can have a judgemental connotation in it, so you should avoid saying that.
Basically the rule of thumb is not to tell the patient how to live her life but how to live it safer in the way that she has chosen to live it. Also making sure that everyone around her is safe as well.
hope it helps, and good luck.
Hello cue. I am still in DC area. You were living in Virginia I believe. Anyways I have cleared my step 2 Ck also and soon will take CS. I did not take my test before Dec last year as planned because I was not prepared. I finally gave my exam in January and passed. Now I am looking forward to Match next year.
hey doc,
yep..I'm still in VA, but soon moving to Florida. Hey, congrads on your ck and I know what you mean, cause I also postponed taking the ck as my originial ccssa score indicated not ready yet!
anyways, good luck with the match next year. I'm looking forward to it too, but before that comes good luck with your cs exam. Don't worry, it's not a difficult exam at all! I took it 3 weeks after I took the ck, and all in all I believe even 2 weeks of prep would have been enough! It definitly makes it easier taking the cs right after the ck.
anyways, hope to run in to you someday again.
peace.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »