Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
done with step 3 - duloxetine
some insights-

no hifi stuff at all. no rare diseases. no rare drugs. dont break your head over Moya Moya and Refsum disease. Even if they ask about some metabolic disease, you usually only have to recognise them as genetic, and not pinpoint the disease.

uworld mcq comes nowhere close- uw is too deep. usmle is too superficial, but confusing- like will you give him banana or apple or pomegranate type question. kaplan comes close, as it is also superficial and confusing. but i still recommend you to do uw, coz it broadens your horizon, but not because the question is similar.

make a habit of reading fast- and highlight as you read. dont read any question twice, else you will not have time.

dont secondguess your answer- your first guess is usually the right one, and you dont have time for second guess anyway.

dont flag too many questions- you will not know sth new in 30 minutes.

if you have time do Swanson's family practice review- many questions are similar, superficial but confusing.

CCs is very easy, easier than UW cases- they end faster than UW, usually within first day of treatment.

I will post my CCS notes in another thread- i read just that before the second day exam. There are many caveats for CCS which i have enumerated in that material, so watch out for that thread.

one mantra- WHAT FEELS LIKE A DUCK ISNT USUALLY A DUCK. sb had advised otherwise, but i beg to differ. If any answer seems easy, it probably isnt the right answer. so search for another answer. i can give you many examples of this happening, but i cant legally.

ethics important as evbd noted. Hospice care was a hot topic, repeatedly tested. When to send sb etc.

Finally, take lots of breaks, even if that annoys the prometric staff- lots of fluid too.

enjoy the exam.

i appreciate your input for all of us

have you taken any assessment exams? and how man days before the exam??

will they really help for any scores on the main exam??

thank you
i did uworld, and made a note out of it- which i revised. i didnt do nbme.
uworld like i say helps, but not directly. its questions are more difficult than in the real exam.
duloxetine congrats on completing the xam

how long did u prepare for? did u do anything for theory?

wat was yr cumulative on UW?

when was yr CK?

i know tats a lot of Qs but just curious coz my exam is very near n am gettin fidgetty thanks
thank you so much for your input and encouraging words..I have my exams on 22nd and 23rd feb..I am not still sure whether I am confident for the exams...doing Uworld simulated ccs on computer right now..have done u world mcq almost twice(average score 55%) and read out ccs cases verbally once..just finished off the kaplan step 2 ck notes..do you think this is sufficient or I need more time..shall I extend the dates????? I havent done u world self assessment ..is it important???I am very worried..please advice..
thanks duloxetine!
you have very 'wide' and 'open' 'insight' for sharing.
best wishes for result ,and all.
thank you and best of luck to you
duloxetine,
thanks for your synopsis--do you think its necessary to do archer ccs . or the 88 cases of uw is enough?
sorry for the late reply

i took 2 months for preparation, in between around 10-15 interviews
i read step 2 ck books
swanson's family practice- only did mcqs. it was nice.
uw ccs is more than enough
i didnt take uw self assessment.
i did read my synopsis of step 2 ck uw also. i have posted my synopsis in the forum a while back
my ck was 9 mo back
dont get fidgety- I repeat again the subject matter is not asked in depth. its just superficial and confusing.

risuworld- that much is probably enough, but you need to practice ccs- which you can do in one week. reading out cases wont do. so if you practice ccs in 1-2 wks, you are good to go.

i used to score around 40 out of 50 in uw blocks. sometimes less upto 36- same for kaplan.
what is you NBME score?

can you please kindly post your synopsis of UW step CK or step 3, whatever you have?

40/50 from UW or kaplan is extremely high. no wonder you got high score.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »