Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
doubt in CCS..............................consult - skylite

CCS case of Acute cholecyctitis:

when I want to order cholecystectomy, do I have to order general surgery consult, get recommendations from consultant . when consultant says: no explicit management recommendation then do i have to type laproscopic cholecystectomy ?

I took cholecystits as eg but i have this question for consults and how to proceed.

consults in real exam will take care of any applicable surgical procedure, if it is not applicable , it will say no recommendation as of now, this is a thing given differently in uw.
the real exam is more clear cut.... so have to ask for consult if case demands, and things would be taken care of....
Thank you very much for answering my question. I undestand its diff in UW CCS but in real exam if i write consult for surgery and request to take care of patient with Acute cholecytitis. I don't have to order Laproscopic cholecystectomy.

depends on the case, if the case needs emergent surgery, yes you will have to type laproptomy.....but yes the specific case you mentioning of cholecystitis, just recognizing the need of surgical consult will do the trick....you may not need to type lap cholecystectomy separately but if u do it might just add a couple of points there as you will prep him up for the surgery too
Thanks so much Accurate, GL
have u finished ur residency?
still on it.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »