Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie bombshell leak, hot off the press! - betterbusinessbureau
Dr. Wolfe,
what is your pass rate for this program? i have heard negative feedback from students for the past 3 months...that the tutors, cordova and chavz cannot taeach a course and are the back up people for wolfe...whenever he decides to go on coferences or trips. basically, you have not attemtped to modify your biochem, micro and behavioral despite numerous mistakes made by theese individuals.
i see u have changed the website a bit b/c u have realized that it is CLEARLY NOT 93% nor your professor Dr. Wolf's 98% claim. i have met 3 previous pass studenst who have all failed. apparently you do not keep in contact with old studesnts or maybe do not advise them as you promise after they have left your course...it seems as if only money talks in your program. these students do not call you up and tell if they failed. so pls give an accurate regard of the pass rate of pass program south...as i see ur program has just started in april. therefore, you do not have sufficient feedback from 6 months of student taking ur program...probably 200 students taken the course and from this claim you say that 98% have passed...meaning 4 have failed and i happened to meet 3 of them...wow!
i am still trying to decide between your program and kaplan...for i have not attended your program and hope that these issues have been dealt with before i make an attempt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Dr. Wolf. I found your email very rude and incoherent and it is for this reason I decided to enlighten you. There seems to be a very obvious lack of respect for those who have achieved what you wish or hope to become.

Never in the history of PASS SOUTH has the cumulative pass rate been 98% nor has it ever stated that on our web site. Two month out of the 8 months that our doors have been open, we achieved a 98% pass rate on those who sat the exam during thoes months. I addressed the class on this and was quite specific on my statement, however students have a habit of hearing what they want to hear.

Your number in regards to how many have entered our doors is so off, that it is ridiculous for you to even speculate on the number.

TO DATE.... we still hold at a 93% pass rate cumulative on those who have sat the exam !!!!!!! Too also enlighten you, students are tracked at time spent at the program, prior comprehensive exam for their school, NBME's , time spent on home study, and location the test was attempted. It is this data that I present to Deans of Universities who are impressed that we are the ONLY program all across the US who follows students in this manner.

I have NEVER had a student fail the boards who tried to contact me for help in which I did not respond. How dare you have the audacity to accuse me of this !!!!!! "GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT" I have also helped numerous students not only achieve success but also help those who were interested in transferring to a better institution do so.

PASS South has never been about money and every student who has ever entered our doors will back this up!!!!! Every staff member bends over backwards to make sure they are ready for the test, calm their fears, and communicates with them up to the test. If it was about money, every student would listen to me at the podium, get their 2 tutor blocks which is all they pay for and never get any help outside of that. It doesn't happen that way here at the program, every student get a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 10 tutor blocks in one week and they do not pay a dime for the extra tutoring. If it was about money, student wouldn't be able to walk into my office or a tutors office to explain material that they may have backwards in their mind. So don't tell me about money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Biochemistry being divided into organ systems, it does work. I am the only program in the United States who is attempting to instruct Biochemistry in this way. When a student hears the word Biochemistry, they automatically shut down, regardless of who is teaching the material.

As for Dr Chaves and Dr Cordova, they are very competent and skilled instructors. They would not be in front of the podium if I felt any different.

Due to the volume of student who come through the program, I will not make everyone happy. However, most are very happy about the program, in which it far exceeded their expectations. This is based off of evaluations that are passed out at the end of the course.

I guarantee your three friends did not contact me about their failure asking for advice and failed because of one or more of the above. I only advise how to prepare and take the test, but if a student does not want to listen 100% anything can happen during the test.

Its time for us to depart, so since you have been corrected on your false alligations and rude misguided facts, I hope this sets the record strait. I have put my heart and sole into this company and for someone to come along and question my intentions and integrality, amazes me. If your looking for someone to HELP YOU pass the boards and fill in information that you are missing, you shouldn't start off with unfounded alligations. So to show you that I care about each student that enter my doors and worry about their success and not their money, let me help you make your decision.

GOOD LUCK AT KAPLAN!!

Sincerely,

Dr. Wolf

wow, wolf is full of it. but i am not surprised, he is all about the money. when you leave his program, you never gonna hear from him again. you try to call, fax. email him or send your nbme to him and he just gonna ignore you. when you fail and tell him, he gonna tell you it is all your fault that you did not follow the pass rules. i know 5 people that fail too and took pass program for 8 weeks. not worth it.
I just took the course 2 months ago and ill tell you Dr. Wolf is all about the money and he is so full of it. He does not care about you like he states and if you ask me I feel the program should be run by Dr. Francis alone and PASS South should be shut down, someone needs to hire a lawyer and make him stop lying to everyone on the website because that is false advertisement. The lies that comes out of Dr. Wolfs mouth is unbelievable, when i was there you were lucky to get you two hours of tutoring and if you got 3 hours one week the next you would get 1, and if you wanted more you had to pay 75$ for one hour which was really like 35mins because you had to let the tutors break, and there tutoring session was doing 10 questions on UWORLD. I know personally his class is filled up with people that have attended his course more than once, some attending close to 4 times so i really dont know where he gets this 93% pass rate because alot of his 17 students dont pass and if students passed it was because they actually sat and studied and worked with first aid and uworld question, not just his notes. Also you can see by his response how much he really cares about the students and how much of an egocentric narcissistic person he is, and yes his slides and clues were loaded with mistakes but dont dare mention that to him. As far as his doors being open he is never there and when he is he never has time to speak to the students unless it was about extending for more time costing the student close to 1100 a week. The housing was 30mins away from the center so you loose 1hr everyday just traveling not to mention you pay 700 a month for a small room with a twin bed in a 4 bedroom house sharing a bathroom. The hours were 8-11 with an hour and a half lunch break so him and his staff can go eat out at every restaurant in St. Augustine, then when he would come back at 1245 he would rush until 2:30 then break for the next day. I will tell you dont do this program he doesn't care about you and if you dare tell him he is wrong he will show you the door and tell you to go, he does not take criticism well as you can see in his letter. He doesn't want you to pass he rather you stay at his program and keep generating him money so he can go on vacations every week and leave his incompetent tutors to teach the class as stated in the previous tread which is completely true and has not changed since. As far as all of his claims i would not believe any of them because this guy is a smooth talker and he can make you believe whatever he wants until he finds out his charm doesn't work on you then he will show you the door, he even tells students after paying him close to 5 grand after the 4 weeks that they cant even step foot in his building or ask any of the tutors any questions unless they pay for a weeks worth of tutors, does that sound like someone who cares. All that I'm saying is completely true and its ok because it is a business but dont come on this forum acting like you truly care about the students and will extend your arm out to help them when really you could care less. Bottom line dont believe anything Dr. Wolf claims, he promises alot and once the check is cashed your now worthy of his attention. You are better off at Kaplan or PASS North, or even Falcon, but definitely not pass south and go online and read some of the other threads about Wolf I can almost guarantee you wont find one stating he is a caring individual but more like someone that I described and everyone cant be lying about him, in the end the TRUTH always comes to light.
also he's not even a surgeon this guy went to Ross in Dominica and was a tutor for Dr. Francis a real physician that teaches the PASS NORTH in Il. If you dont believe me look up Dr. Wolfe and see what you find, absolutely nothing because he has never practiced a day in his life i dont even think he has done residency, that why I say dont believe anything this guy tells you because he is all lies and it makes sense why he would have the attitude he has its usually the ignorant onces who are trying to prove themselves that behaves in this manner that he does, and a real physician who has worked with real patients has much more skills when it comes to interacting with people, unlike so called Dr. Wolfe if he is even one, who makes me feel like Im talking to a used car salesman. Believe me when I tell you this guy is a Con artist and your better off with any other program that has real Doctors teaching you rather ones pretending to be surgeons.
thx
THANKS!
I agree when i was there he made and announcement to the class that he found a bottle of wine or beer in your fridge he would dismiss you from the program and would call your dean from your school and let them know you've been dismissed from his program because of a glass of wine, also when your in class his staff go through your apartment and search though your things, ive even heard of tutors going through peoples computers looking at there browsing history to see if it was medical related. When i heard this i was shocked that this man would go to the extent to do all of this to damage your career when your paying him to help you pass an exam, and most of the people in class were 28 or older and most were studying very hard and i felt this was very unacceptable and uncalled for, not to mention its unneeded stress. I just feel if your studying hard and would like a glass of wine with your dinner you should be able to have one and not have a Drill Sargent interrogating you and threating your career. I would think twice before going to pass south and if you do go just realize you gave up all of your rights and not to mention your not getting what you paid for. My advise find a study partner and study by organ systems or look into other programs, but dont waste your money at Pass South.
thanks for the scam alert
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »