Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious question,,, Plz help... - hminn
I am curious whether the SPs responds to our open ended questions.

In some books, we were told to ask open ended questions like "Can you tell me more about your pain?" and they say SP's would respond like "What do you mean?"
But someone told me that SPs give you bunch of informations when asked these open ended questions. They say that the reason the SPs do so is because they have to check the lists in ICS score sheets.

So I am really curious. Coz the strategy depends alot on how they responds.

Thank you in advance.
God bless.
When SP asks what do u mean...that is excellent opportunity to advance further communication with SP .

You elaborate that I meant by that is "is it shooting pain, cramping pain, stabbing pain or dull pain? Show me where it hurts by ur finger. On the scale of 1-10 with 10 being worst pain how wud u rate it. Does it move any where...does any thing make it better..does any thing make it worse>?

If you are lucky and SP tells everything in one big sentence than be smart after he stops. Never ask the same thing again. Keep ur brain windows/ ears and your heart open. Let SP feel like u understood everything. And it means you must listen everything SP says. SPs are very good and nice if you dont bore them.

I hope you got my point dear dr.hminn

Never get frustrated or annoyed or anxious when they ask what do u mean by that. Actually it s best opportunity to advance communication to next level. It worked in my cases when I took exam n I passed it. Hope it helps

GL to all
Thank you so much chachu123.
I get your point and agree with you 100%.
The reason I asked this is i heard from those IMGs who passed in their 2nd attempt that SPs told them alot of information with just the 1st open ended question. It makes sense with your explanation.
It really helped chachu123. Thanks again.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »