Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a very old grad! my score 236/99 - drmr50
Dear niledaughter
NBME 6 score : 500 ( approximately 223 ) which was correlated with real exam and morover showed my weakness in biochemistry which I worked on it for the last 2 weeks and improved my performance in that area.
NBME 7 no score, left uncomplete, but overall was good.

Dear lotus did you decided about job in US?
Hi drmr50
I was graduated in 1982 also !!! A very old graduate.
I passed all the exams, but in more than 7 years, so I'm retaking at least one of them that is appreciated by Anesthesiology program directors, which is Step 1.
I worked as anesthesiologist for 20 years in Egypt !!!
My score in step 1 in 2002 was 77, 1st attempt.
I'm trying to get more than 95, but I don't know, Can I do this?
I need your advice.
Hi congratulations on your success. I would really like to hire you and pay you as my tutor. I want to take step 1 this year and would you please let me know if that is possible for you to be my tutor? I am very very bad in put a structured studying plan and time schedule together. would you please help me? i will pay you. please email me at
drhellokitty please help me. thank you so much
Dear magy95
i am so glad to see another friend at my age here! with long experience as an aneshthesist you'll have many great oppurtunities for work here and it worth trying for it. Sure, you can get maximum score. there are three important factors in step 1 test taking: 1- speed decision making ( which as an anesthesist you must be well accostumed to ), 2- going from clinical scenarios to basic sciences (questions are becoming more and more clinical) 3- ability to endure a long test session( again a good ability you already have for working under hard situations). and you have an experience of these tests which ia plus for you.
what I found usefull was that going through a text like Kaplan notes gave me a general and up to date view of the subject, and then practicing UW questios focused me on the high yield points. I think a 4-6 months schedule will suffice, provided we practice test taking at least 2-3 months. NBME is a good assessment tool.
ONE MORE factor for us is motivation, as we are more reluctant to take risks than our younger colleagues. I found this as I didn't take studying seriously untill I came here and had to make a hard decision to go again for medical job. so we should work on this part also.
Dear rossi
we are all here to help each other and there is no need to pay for that! sure, there are freinds in forum who are more experienced than me and you can learn from them also. overall I found ths forum itself a valuable learning tool.
If I can help,I am at your service, althoughI am currently very busy studying for step 2 and searching for a job at the same time. I can give you my suggestions according to my experience, but i need to know your situation, are you a new graduate or old? how is your past experience with tests?
I still remember having reading this post before my test. I got my score and it is also 99/230. You advised me about the time, thanks and the best for CK.
Dear usmler2009
congratlations! see you in ck!
Sir,
Goodafternoon.
Yes sir hopefully, I shall start working in the next week. I shall get less salary but with ample time to study. I am going to work with one store in pharmacy.
wish you good luck again.
I am 36 . can I get 99?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »