Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a very old grad! my score 236/99 - drmr50
Conratulations! Your story is indeed very motivational. This is the kind of story that I like to read from this forum. It encourages me to pursue the idea of being an MD again here in the States despite my age and years of graduation. Thank you for sharing your story, your study strategy and your experiences. That is very magnanimous of you. Like one poster above said, you revived dead hopes.

I graduated in 1993, is working full time (and overtime Wink ) as a nurse here in the US and have started studying last year but stopped because I need to feed my family. I still hope to pursue tackling the USMLE steps and ultimately residency when our finances get to be better.

Continue to inspire others and good luck with the rest of the Steps and most especially residency matching, which I'm sure you'll get. We need doctors who are smart and unselfish like you! Wink
Please would like to know what edition of kaplan notes you used and if there is any difference btw the 2008/2009 and 2009/2010? Please let me know or email me on cruz2moi
Congrats for your success...

i have one Q..

How many Q bank did u used during your preparation other than UW?? what are their names??

Do you feel, it was useful? thanks
And many congrats on your success..
Dear honeyjen
thank you and wish u success in getting ur real position in the health system. I do recommend not to give ur hope and never stop reading cuz half life of medical knowlege is too short. u can study even few minutes a day and keep urself warm till the time will come that u can sit for exam. Good luck for all old grads!
Dear femo
all books I used were 2006 except FA which was 2009 and I don't think it really matters for the step 1 as I have seen some friends who passed the exam by reading 2004 texts. sure there are more notes in recent texts but u can cover these points by using new FA and save more money!
many many congratulations to u
plz remembr me in ur prayers as im waiting 4 my result
best of luck 4 step2
Dear yd
my main source was UW and Qs of Kaplan lecture notes. I did few Qs of FA Q&A but not all of them. I realised that UW is a comprehensive Q bank covering most fields and topics and is up-to-date. If u r old grad, Kaplan lecture note Qs helps u to get the very basic concepts.
Dear sz
I know how hard it is but try to make urself busy. I do pray for u. I got my results in 3 weeks and few days.
thank u so much drmr50 for ur response, i appreciate
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »