Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
discuss your passing strategies - nephromd
lets gather to help others pass cs
i african male very old img second attempt with big family duties. fa was used with csevideo for month and more. sep and cis big troubles on first attemp, second passed with very good scores all areas. so happppyyy. amen
lets post how you passed
hello guys
I used FA,read it several times,its the main material.
I passed fast through UW & kaplan,i choosed cases that are not there in FA,some of which known to show in the exam.
for th epractice,I did Skype only

GOOD LUCK to all
FA, UW, UW videos, Skype with friends, last 3 days live practice with my roommate. Altogether 3 months of prep but lots of off periods as there really isn't that much to read for this exam. Lots of unknowns about this exam. Best advice practice asking questions, writting PN, time yourself, try to convince the patient you care about him and you'll help him and you know what's going on, be confident, try to finish the cases, do very focused exam, no time for anything else. Be friendly and smile, smile, smile.
i will be glad to help you guys...

It took me 3 weeks for a solid preparation.

1.used FA, kaplan 35complex cases, neeraj notes,UW.

2. most of the cases were from FA and UW.

3. the most important part in preparation is practicing with a live partner. you dont need a doctor to be that person. but practice as if it is a real exam.

4. when you practice do atleast 4-5 cases at a time. coz the real exam is not tough. it is jus exhausting.get used to the drill.

5. writing patient note is critical. learn to write it in the given space. use short forms. know atleast 5 d/d for every case.

6. I divided my 15 mins with patient as 7 mins for history, 6 mins for examination, 3 mins for closure and counseling.

7. the idea here is if you close the case and counsel you almost passed the exam.

let me know if youguys need anything at all. wil be happy to help.

sorry it is 2 mins for counseling and closure... typo mistake..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »