Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
passed wih high perfomance Alhamdulelah - na00229
Hey all:
I just got my score, passed alhamdulelah..........
I am a foreign medical graduate, right now doing my master in public health (last semester). step1 99253, gonna take step 2 in two weeks.
I really want to share some points with you guys, things that bothered me alot while i was preparing for this exam:
1. Please please please dont overuse/disuse this website because the amount of information here especially the variety in the opinions is really really really confusing. For example, my exam was in Atlanta. I heard from many folks here that Atlanta is not a good place to take the exam because the cases are tough, SP accent is hard ( lot of dark skinned people) , bla bla bla. You know what? thats a bull shit. They were very nice and cooperative and even when you get somebody who is uncooperative, rude....etc if you know how to deal with himher, you will be fine, REMEMBER SP IS ACTING AND YOU ARE ACTING.
2. Believe in your self. Speak, walk, dress and act like a real doctor. Be over confident and speak as if you are 100% sure about what you are saying (even if you are not)
3. found the exam very silly. Itâ„¢s just stressful. If you control your stress you will get through it very easily.
4. My preparation was one month onoff. did FA, review some physical exam video, live practice for three days.
5. Regarding the exam content, cases wee very common and striaght forward. I shakes hand with a patient with shoulder injury...lol. I forgot to ask female SP about obysgyn hx.
Thing that I did very well and consistently:
Smile, greting very well, summerize hx at the end, closure for evry case.
I finished all the cases because I thought that closure is very very important, so i made sure to have enough time to do a nice closure.

God bless you all and help you to finish this nightmare as soon as possible.
Seriously guys I hate usmle because it very stressful, time consuming but you gotta do it.

Thanks all
Feel free to ask
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »