Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaplan DVDs strategy.....help plz!!!! - kashvi
Hi! The kaplan dvds are taking forever. I just want to know if it is okay if I do it this way....Can I watch all the tapes for the entire subject in 1-2 days...and then spend the next 2 days learning what I watched? Is it okay to do it this way?

OR can I spend 1-2 days first reading the entire book and then spend the entire 3rd day watching all the tapes for what I read?

Which plan is better. Plz give your sincere advice plz becoz I need to change my study pattern...becoz the dvds are taking me forever. Plz help...plz...Thanks.
the way i feel comfortable about is to watch a single chapter, then read wats there in the notes about it.. its just about how u feel u r more comfortable with..
I used the audio . I think it is better to watch few chapters at once and read the same chapeters in the note. It ll reiforce the knowledge more.
er....thats what I am tryingt to stop now...becoz that way I am getting done with only 2 chapters per day....and its taking me about 2-3 weeks to finish an entire book!!!...and I dont have that much time!!! I want to take this test by sept-october maximum. So, I am trying to finish each subject in 3-5 days....and next month i want to start doing UW questions. Thats why I am asking this question.
Im feeling the same way i just finished pathology , and it took we over two weeks, but i wanted to know pathology really well. Again this is going to take me forever, because i too plan to take this exam at end of september middle october latest.

But I found myself taking to many notes from the lecture, im going to try to avoid that and just stream the videos like im listening to it live and stop rewinding and relistening to things. that the only way to get it done fast.
hey kashvi..would u plz tell me how can u finish reading and understanding a whole book in 2 days? how many hrs u watch daily? must b more than 6 hrs daily? ..thank u
jan.....I am planning to do that in 2 days.....So far I have been watching the tapes and reading,......thats why it is taking forever.....But one day I listened to 7 chapters of biochemistry all in one day...continuosly from morning to nite 9 pm without any breaks!!!....I know it made me very tired....but then the next day I learnt all the 7 chapters in one shot...I read them aloud and answered the questions at the end of each chapter. So, thats what I am asking on this forum.....if I had listened and learnt to those 7 chapters at the rate of 2 chapters per day (which is my slow rate that is taking me forever!)....then it would have taken me 4 days with the tapes!!!.....so u see it basically drastically reduces the time if we just listen to all the tapes first....but I wanted to ask the forum's opinion on it....since I see everyone seems to be following the slow forever taking path!! I dont know about you all...but I am not a person with high memory......I cannot remember stuff that I learnt more than one month ago!!!.....or even more than one week ago as a matter of fact!!...So, I find no point in spending months and months listening to tapes and learning each chapter slowly and then by the time I finish I will find that I dont remember anything!!!!....Whats the use of doing things this way then?? For those who can remember what they learnt 5-6 months back this is okay but I have short term memory.

So, I just want to ask this forum, if it okay to just listen to all the tapes of a subject like we are sitting for a day of lectures bombarded at us. Then when we are done with the entire subjects lectures in 2 days , we can take the book of that subject and just learn all the chapters that we listened to in the next 2 days. This way we will get done with the subject in 4 days vs the 2-3 weeks that it is taking me!!!.....So, I want to aks the forum and more experienced people on this forum if it is okay for me to do it this way??
Can somebody give me a firm answer about this plz...I need to modify my study strategy plz...Thank You vary much! :-)
i hope i can do that it's a dream ..coz i get bored wz that silly time lost in 1st reading..which is just like a preface and still u r not into the usmle...i believe that the serious stage begins when u start doing Qs...even as a learning tool...but MY Q IS...HOW CAN U FINISH THAT FAST...while u have 2 write and stop every now and then 4 understanding a point or writing a Q or wtever during ur lecture time?..got my point?
thank u kashvi
yeah i too stop and write....but when i did the 7 chapters listening in one day I listened to them as if I was sitting in a real live lecture where you cannot rewind the Professor....so i quickly made notes as he was teaching and did not stop unless i had to write down a whole paragraph of something that was not given in the book....so basically it was continuous watching.

Does anybody know the answer to my question plz?? plz answer fast...becoz everyday is precious!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »