Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obgyn 2011 - usmlefish
U can add Newark Beth Israel and ucsf Fresno in interviews list. I got them in first and second week.
Dear All,
I am currently a PGY2 in OB/GYN. first of all don't let anyone discourage you from reaching your goals. I ended up getting 15 intwrviews. 9 of them came in early september and the rest came in early November (Those programs invited american grads first and then ivited IMG in their second round of interviews). be patient interviews will come, it takes some programs more than others to respond for instance my program has sent out 50 of the 70 interviews, with 20 spots reserved for the second round when they re-review the applications again. good luck to all.
Thanks for this useful piece of information bugsbunny. Even when no one discourages you, there's always the oscillating feeling of self doubt and hope. some days u re hopeful, other days u just feel like its almost impossible to achieve this goal.
thanks bugsbunny,your post gives hope.
found an interesting post on SDN that might calm some of us down:

if you're wondering what's taking some of these programs so long to invite/reject you (like I am), here is some info I pulled off their respective websites:

Columbia - invitations to interview offered in mid-november. dates will be thursdays 12/2, 12/9, 12/16, 1/13

Cornell - Your file will be considered complete and reviewed for interview when the following documents have been received:
Common application form
Dean's letter (MSPE)
Medical School transcript
Letters of Recommendation (at least 2)
USMLE Step I
USMLE Step II (as per medical school requirement for graduation)
Personal statement
CV
dates will be sunday 11/21, fri 12/3, sunday 12/5, friday 12/17

NYU - Requirements are:
A completed AAMC-NRMP application
Dean's Letter
An official medical school transcript
An official copy of your USMLE scores
At least three letters of recommendation from faculty members familiar with your performance
it doesn't outright say they won't offer interview until all requirements are met to complete your application, but that's what I gather.

dates will be friday 12/10, friday 12/17, friday 1/7

Mount Sinai - doesn't say

Beth Israel Deaconess - "Applications will be reviewed after Dean's letters are released on November 1, and candidates will be notified of interview invitations within a short time after this."
dates will be 11/19, 12/3, 12/17

Brigham & Women's/Mass General Integrated program - "completed applications are considered and invitations to interview will be decided on a rolling basis beginning mid-October." dates are 12/10, 1/7. ELEVEN PGY1 POSITIONS!!!

Mayo -
The decision to invite an applicant for a required interview will be based on the following combination of criteria:
USMLE scores, step 1 and step 2 (if available) using the three-digit score; scores of 200 or higher are encouraged
Medical school and reputation (lol, at least they're up front about it?)
Medical school transcript
Medical school curriculum that encompasses adequate clinical experience
Dean’s letter and letters of recommendation
Research and extracurricular activities
Personal statement
Visas: ECFMG-certified J-1 visas
No word on dates or when interviews are sent out, but it says their app deadline is 10/19. weird because I was told that deans letters are only made available on ERAS 11/1... maybe they mean everything else by 10/19?

Albert Einstein -
"Our final deadline for receipt of all documents is mid-November; however, we recommend that you try to get them in before November 1.
• We conduct ten interview sessions with between 10 and 12 applicants per session.
• Interviews begin in mid-November and continue until mid-January."

no word on dates

SUNY Downstate - "Completed applications and credentials received before November 10 are reviewed by the Education Sub-Committee for selection of candidates to be invited for formal interviews. Formal interviews are conducted by invitation only. Interview dates are in December and January." No word on dates.
omg. interviews not for another month or two! WHAT!!!! Sad
it's a relief in a way i guess. thanks yg1980 x
Thanks yg1980. Riotgrrl r u also going for OB/gyn. Smile
oh HEY! hahaha yeah! lets call each other up before interviews and coordinate outfits LOL
Riotgrrl sure. Why not?
an utter silence today... My patience is wearing thin...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »