Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
study tips - drsabafaisal
i am an IMG,i started my step 1 studies earlier but it was on n off.but now im planning to tk examz in 5months..so i need some good study tips to get a really good score..i will be starting my studies from tha beginning.i will b gratful..
read kaplan notes , start goljan rapid review (skip kaplan path notes) give one reading then start UW or kaplan q bank, do questions in each chapter then read notes or Firat aid, this time you would undertstand where to stress, use a page flagger(small strips available in avrious colors) flag the pages which you need to study more, go through these page flags and wrong answers in uw, once done give nbme see where you stand repat the exercise depending on your performence if you perfored very well give the exam.
Hi, I am an IMG as well and I am planning to take Step1 in 6 mths and I have been asking around for tips too so far most of my friends who have done recommend Kaplan notes and videos, FA, usmle world for 3 mths prior to exam, they scored in the 90's but they were really good students to begin with. They survived by studying as a group.
Good luck to both of us!
thanks alot reddy and psi..good luck 2 both of u n all..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »