Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Started UWORLD 2 days ago - crassulaca
Hi, I finished my 'first reading' of Kaplan notes for Step 1 and started doing Pathology questions in UWORLD two days ago. I am able to get only about 40-50% of the questions correct. Is this ok, will it improve eventually? My exam is in the last week of December, so I need to know if three months are sufficient or if I should postpone my exam date. PLEASE HELP ME.
Your score will definitely improve, you do not need to bother to postponing your exam now.
People manage to give this exam in 3 months, so you are much better off!

Also, the only factor that should make you change your exam date is your NBME score, nothing else, even if u feel you are not ready, but have a good nbme score, go for the exam.

You said u finished Kaplan, but I am assuming you did read Goljan Rapid Review for Pathology..

Good Luck
Thanks a lot for the advice, "urapain2me". No, I haven't done Goljan RR yet and I understand from your words that I should start it right away. Could you please tell me when would be a good time to take the NBME? I mean, how many days before my exam date should I take the exam?
started uworld yesterday and till now only scored 50 % correct.i m nervous
Yes you should definitely do Rapid Review, infact its a must for step 1, I am yet to come a 99er who didnt do RR. I am sure your UW scores will go shooting up once done with that.
As for NBME, do it whenever you need to assess yourself, when, depends totally on you. but if you ask me, give an nbme 1 month before your exam so that you have time to work on your weaknesses as well.

@doctorhappy: BE happy Big Grin your scores will slowly go up, 50% is not bad at all to start with. just keep revising all the questions you do, make notes.
Hee, hee, looks like doctorhappy and I are sailing in the same boat. I wish you all the best! Smile When is your exam, doctorhappy?
count me in guys, I am no better! 50-60% is what i also get! :/
@urapain2me.Thanks for encouraging word.need them the most now a days.Good luck to u too.i m making notes and highlighting.Took 5 and half hours to complete abt only 20questions.need to fasten my belts
@crussulaca .exam on 10th november.what abt u?i know i m a bit late but got gut feeling that i can finish it well.good luck to u too------>same boat
hehe, thanks, my exams on 15th, but thinking of postponing it by 15 days, think will be needing more time!
good luck to u 2 mate
I booked my three month slot but haven't fixed the date yet. I'm planning on taking it in the last week of December. Good luck to both of you, guys! GODSPEED! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »