Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope my step 1 bad experience helps others!! - itsalongroad
Hi everybody...

Well i have been reading this forum in silence for a while and it helps a lot, thanks to all the people that kindly helps without expecting anything....

Now the main reason of this post is for all those that are studing for step 1 with the aim of just passing.... I was one of those

My test was on august 2010, and i felt that the test was harder than UW overall
Im a IMG graduated in 2004
I study for 5 months, kaplan videos and notes simultan, UW once and FA 3 times, some subjets more

I just did uwsa 1 - 192 and 2 - 204, UW with 55%, and i tought that was enough just to pass, but was not enough, I got 187-74, I felt so bad, i really tought that was enough....

Some guys told me that uwsa overpredicts but i did not care about it, and nw i regret

We all know rumors about that there are different levels of step 1, some are easiest and some harder...and my lesson was that if you only study to pass, you are risking lot, bcs if you are not lucky like me and ur step 1 version is hard, there are a lot of chnces to fail like me...

Now im trying to start again, with a new and best plan, reading notes again and praying to God to have the strengt to continue.....

Hope this help to someone, good luck to all.....

Good luck to you!!
don't worry dude my test was horrible i never ever seen questions like my test questions and i scored 90s in the NBME, finally i passed with 76. thank god i ll not say anything after that cause i don't know what u feel by keep it up bro i think ur chances better than me at least u can take it again!
do it again u ll be fine
god be with us
hi, i took it in august,and gt 74.m devastated but want to tk it again within 3 months.as dont want to waste the work i did.wats ur plan ?i m also looking for a study partner ?
itsalongroad

your story with some small changes is exactly like mine.

do not worry concentrate and study,

what i found in my research is it is better if you have a hrder exam than a easy one.
these usmle guys are very intelligent they have a scales which measures your overall knowledge of medicine just by asking you few q qhich may not be simliar.

thats the reason uwsa cannot equal usmle since they donot have the scale which nbme has so use nbme next time.

read all the wrong ones give the exam again.
thank you for sharing your experience. Always in our life mistakes make us to learn more and proceed farther. So next time for sure you can do it. All the best!
Thank you guys for the support..... I know God acts in mysterious ways, and for some reason i have to go through this path.... I will do it and for those that are in the same road, welcome and lets break this test in pieces.

"@pompius i started 1 week ago with Goljan RR for the first time, after that ill dokaplan notes BS, immuno, micro...then Qs then nbme...whats ur plan, and what do u think about mine...

What does not kill us make us stronger!!!
i like the last line! the dark knight, eh????

love that movie!!
hi,its pompius.i ws also going through the goljan high yield facts to start wid.i m purchasing
cntd, RR goljan, and starting it for the first time.is it possible for us to communicate nd update eachother .i thnk tht cn help.my email is pompius1000 ----------
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »