Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upmc - shahare
I wonder how i read here that this is not the best possible match compared to others as far as IMGs are concerned. Of course MGH categorical is better, but for IMG, really? I think no program is stronger than UPMC, and think that this is the best possible match for an IMG of all time
when did they announce interview? congrast @ somebody......any one else who gets interview? when did you schedule your IV? I applied but did not hear anything...
congrats somebody. yes indeed its a good program.

I have applied there. do you mind letting us know when did u get the iv call. Good luck!
I got it Saturday (although it was weekend!!)
great and thanks for sharing!
no problem. you are welcome. i wish you the best of luck.

Why did they bash this program in the previous comments here (of last year?)
@somebody.

U pitt is no doubt a great program.
But to say that no program is stronger for an IMG is probably an over reach...

It depends on your goals too.. Some ppl may not be too interested in research. And definitely there are IMGs who match into top fellowship programs from other "lesser known" programs too...

Good luck!
Thanks. they invite very few people so its almost over i guess.

i just don't know. I hope they had those views after the interview or few from their friends in the program.
@01234

I totally agree that even the smallest program can give you excellent future for fellowship if u are hardworking, no doubt. all i am saying, is that UPMC ISP programs is in the top tier for IMGs

i mean its comparable to Emory, thats why i was surprised of people bashing the program
Yes I applied too!

Cheer up! Dun worry, doc_joe! u will have other IVs too . Be optimistic!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »