Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upmc - shahare
Absolutely, dont worry Doc_J, its just 1 program, and i am sure it will work out eventually. I wish you best of luck
thanks 01234, somebody!
@somebody...

To be invited for ISP, u must have fantabulous research credentials!
=)
It is true that ISP is in the top tier for IMGs...

I dun think they were bashing... They were giving their opinions... their concerns are that It would be better if ISP is classified as part of cateogorical program instead of a separate track...
Look at this website
http://www.residency.dom.pitt.edu/curren...dents.html

you see the residents of UPMC (not shadyside, there are no shadyside residents on this page), but you see ISP residents listed here!!!! i understood that it means that ISP is within the main UPMC program!

what do you think?
you are welcome Doc Joe, please be optimistic
@somebody

It is a great program... I would accept it in a heartbeat if ever given an offer!
Too bad no such creds.. Do u mind sharing ur creds?

I believe that whether their concerns r valid can only be determined by asking current ISP residents. There will always be some distinction btw AMGs and IMGs, more in some programs and less in others.
Hi UPMC, i got 259 Step 1, and 269 step 2, and passed CS from the first try. Have 3 papers and a couple of presentations and abstracts. graduate of 2009
@ somebody

Good luck for your interview! I am sure u will get an offer after ur interview!
Not really that sure. I dont have a PhD or masters. but i hope to get into this program. UPMC is a dream.

what about your credentials?
260 both attempts/cs 1st attempt/1 paper/ no USCE/ 2008 grad/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »