Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upmc - shahare
I am not sure about comparing ISP with other univ/community programs (where residents take 1-2 months as research elective) but UPMC is a big name that gets you into a good if not decent places for fellowship except in cards. atleast their website says so.

Can't accept more with you about funding and cutting down of NIH grants, but still people are passionate about academic medicine. cheers!
I would love to know more about this programs, I applied to it and have publications (not PhD unfortunately). This program sounds perfect, thanks for answering doc_joe.

Did you interview there? could you give us your IV experience there?
hey not all residents in ISP are PhDs, so good luck. i have also applied and waiting. I hope i am not sounding very pro for this program. Again if you have other GOOD calls, think twice for ISP. Take it only if you are genuinely interested in research.
I looked at the ISP curriculum and rotation schedule for their students, its almost identical to UPMC traditional categorical, the only ddiference is 3 month research (2 during pgy 2 and 1 in pgy3 i think), other than that its really similar.

Also the placement of fellows is great (GI wise as i love GI), my question to you is what are the down-sides of this program in your opinion.
sorry, i have no more info on that as i have never been there. may be the earlier conversations in this thread dating to last years iv experience or some seniors can help in answering your question!

the best thing is to wait till we get a call from them and then take it forward. GL!

i applied to ISP too...
i do not know...if they accept only PHD,..I have MPH with few publications. 241/240/pass...2003 grad....let us see

I got an interview from ISP. the internet really does not show a lot about it. the only thing i care about is whether I would be considered a U of Pitts graduate after i finish my residency in it (if i am accepted of course. it looks very very competitive)
@somebody: When did you get this IV?
@somebody: Congrats! U must be a PHD holder!. It is a great program...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »