Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can you retake already passed steps after 7 years? - star121
mdnyc

your post gives a lot of hope for me.. i have a query though, i passed my step 1 and step 2 in 1997 and got ECFMG Certified. i took my step 2 CS in 2009 and passed that. I tried contacting the state licensing boards to give me THE LETTER to take to ECFMG so that I can retake my step 1 and 2, but to no luck.

How did you manage to get that letter. I mean doesnt one apply for Step3 to FSMB ? or is it to state boards? it says the money for step 3 is not refundable. so when they decline the application based on the 7 year rule, would we lose the money for ever? or is it held in a credit so that we can reapply for step 3 after we retake and pass the step 1 and 2.

pls advice.
kp22 didi you find any information regarding the letter
I passed step 1 in 2006 and step2 ck in 2009! When I will be able to rewrite it again all the three?
star121
hi
were u able to retake the steps?
pls reply
tnx

Enter GOOGLE search: 'USMLE Forum' (You Will Get the Correct Site as the 'April 16, 2009' # 2 or #1
Dr star121,

I passed even earlier than you. When I got ecfmg certification I didnt have to do CS. So ecfmg told me I have to do cs. CA medical board said my scores expired and i need to retake 1 and 2. so i applied for step2 ck this year march. Ecfmg rejected my application telling I passed step2. FSMB said that a new rule passed that one has to complete the usmle sequence (meaning i didnt clear step3) so they want me to finish step3. Then CA med board said they will auhtorize a form called retake sponsorship form which will then allow me to retake steps1 and 2. So now i am studying to finish step3.

I know people have good intentions and honest opinions in telling that we are old grads and our chances are bleak, but I am doing what I know best and leave it to divine providence who will work it for me.

hope this helps star.
Hello "mdnyc" and "bensha",
I have a Q can you give me your e-mail or contact to me: ek_rek
Thank you so much
Bensha,

Can u help me go thru the steps on how to get the retake sponsorship form?
Will greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.
Kindly email me @ stvincent711.

Hi ,
Please I need some help regarding the retaking of USMLE exams" mdnyc". Great thanks, kindly email me also.Highly apprecaited your advise.
doc.maliha
cafe say nice things or just keep your mouth shut!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »