Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can you retake already passed steps after 7 years? - star121
Dear Friends (mdnyc, bensha, odin,oldsipdoc, oldknight, et al),

I have to retake step 1&2. certified, no step 3. Could you all please e-mail me at: koalabearzh35.

Thank you all in advance!
guys I have a problem can you please correct me I got my ecfmg certification 2003 didnt pass step 3 this year i want to apply to pass ateps again fsmb told me that I cant and I have to apply for step 3 in states that doesnt have seven year rule so after passing step 3 can i apply to retake step 1 and 2?
fogot can you please email me at mahnaz_behdad
I will be very glad if i can retake the exam i barely pass the steps so retake them is a big oppurtunity
there are states that reinforce the 7 years rule and states that don't. This people can't understand that actually someone would WANT to retake the steps. in that states that reinforce the 7years rule u are NOT eligible to apply for step 3 if u don't have ALL step exams passed within 7 years so they give u a letter that states that in their state u can't take step 3 if u have ANY step that was passed more than 7 years before applying( for step 3). find one of those states( they are on the fsmb website) get a letter send it to ecfmg and then u can retake the step(s) passed more than 7 years prior to step 3 application. this is what I did, I got much better scores on step 1 and 2, then passed cs and then step 2
thank you so much mdnyc noboby help me like that in my whole life i have another question I applied for step 3 in state wo 7 years rule so what should i do just forget it and applied again this time in another state?
thanks in advance so helpful
Dear mdnyc,

Could you please e-mail me at koalabearzh35? I am looking forward. Thank you!
Well I dont know why ppl want to take these exams after 7-yrs . If 1st time they could not get residency , are they sure they goin tomake it after taking all these exams when their GY is more older. I think get an other path??????????
My friend did retake it and get 97 ,99 ,98...before was ONLY 76,77,79...
Cio
A
Dear Antonella,

Is your friend matched? any good news?
For mdnyc,
How and where can we check about the expiration of step 3? I took it from Virginia becoz they don't have any limitations for either steps and 7 yeaqr rule. But unfortunately I couldn't get into the residency. I passed the step 3 in 2009. Please let me know if you have any information about this issue.
Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »