Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
78/75/2cs 3rd attept - drold1
more than fifty rejections ... it is the everyday [ goodmorning ]

I have a us citizenship recently. i am living in california.

someone offered me to be a vulnteer in university hospital here.
can you please tell me how can i make use of it. because i have also to work to support myself living.does volunteer mean externship or observship ? wt is the difference

i can start that after one month from now .because i have to make a lot of paperwork.
waiting you valuable advices
with those scores....
you'll find it extremely difficult to secure any position in the us, not to say california!
observership is diff, you are just observing. it carries less weight but extenship is hands on clincical experience but unfortunately one can not do extenship in california bc it is against the law.
maybe you try extenship, research. masters degree. i dont know. my scores are low but just a bit better than yours but i still haVE faith in GOD.
is 75 passing score?
qwerty u shouldnt be so harsh about his scores ...it might be difficult to get a residency position but its not impossible .Believe me i have seen many with wors tscores still getting into programs with either through connections or through luck so u never know where he may end up even with those kind of scores so never discourage any one because there is always a hope.
good luck drold 1
U obviously dont know what you are talking about qwerty2011.

drold1,
since it would be a volunteer position then i would try to put in only a couple of days a week while the other time used for a paying job. U dont need to spend 5 days volunteering...just make sure when u do volunteer that you make ur presence known. you'll get good LORS there and that will increase your chance of securing a residency if you dont match this year...keep on fighting! i know people with worse scores that are well into their residency and at well known programs....
Seriously???
Is there even
a question???
what the fukk????
@drold1

Please don't do volunteer, you won't be allowed to attach any of clinic case. I have done volunteer at night time for recruiting patients for clinic trials studying in ER clinic at a childeren hospital in Canada in my spare time ( all night time, before I do, I got whole week training from hospital to become a clinic site volunteer) for a year, even I have invloved lots clinic cases discussing, recording Hx and patient notes.... but still not count as hands on clinic experience. i think I am just legs on ...lol , you have to find a extenship. I have to tell you that some of volunteers, will just helper for eveything...you have to make sure what knid of volunteer work they will give you..
after one year volunteer, I got a big pay cheque for hospital which is I never expected. because I was recognized as the best clinical recruiter on our team.
As I know age and scores are big problems. I have great references from north american. But stay in same boat as you, graduated long long time ago not have great scores.....face it. who doesn't like youngers...I did same thing as those PDs before in my country.. now I will work on connections.....
@doc disco

seriously have u seen guys wth even worst score matching into residency.................probably u would have seen it centuries ago when passing criteria was just 30 percentile its 75 now and wat could be even worse than this score???people with 50 or 60 matching into residency..........lol
why u always gave false hope..........if 1 person match somehow wat about rest who didnt match and i m damn sure this ration would be greater than 1:50 and i have seen guys on 80 score quitting usmle because they know that they cant survive................fighting is good when u see ray of hope.......................

dr old u urself think think that if u would have been a PD would u invite a guy with such a credential..........answer is no but if u still say than i can say u r fool.

my advice may sound rude to u but u ll realize it if u couldnt make it after getting tired fighting with the system..

and the people who are giivng u suggestion of keep trying dont have their scores in 70s otherwise they would have quit it.its easy to say keep trying but very difficult to walk on the edge of sword with limited resources.................if u r son of millionare go for mph spend ur money on externship and watever u can do but if u r not than its a serious reason to think about it.

if u still dont understand the gravity of serious situation than i can only say u ll remember this advice may be not now but later on although i pray if u wanna fight u ll win.good luck for u.
I am giving you an objective, pragmatic advice. Giving false hope, is something really evil, in mho.

75 is just the minnimum passing score, & 3 attempts in CS.... well check the forum and see how the guys with two attemps are doing. Almost every candidate will outrank you scorewise. Go for it, if you want to try your luck, but the odds are not in your favor. There is always a chance, but this time, it is very slim. Best of luck, in any path you take.

@docdisco & silver: You CANNOT have seen anyone with score lower than 75 matching. Lower than 75, is a FAILED score.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »