Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCS experience during the actual exam - docryuy
docruy, in real exam, u have to go to PE screen as misshyd said ...and click on interval hx to get some information about well being of the patient.

I think right now, u r thinking of all the negative things but dont , u did fine

i will give an example what happened to me in real case,,,,,,after ordering eveything and i knew the diagnosis, when i order procedure, the case ended with pending orders still in the que.....in real exam most of the time when u read pt history and ur P.e results u will know what u r looking for....and most of the time when u order radiology testing, most of the time they will tell u what is wrong with the patient....then all what u have to do just order the proper treatment......in my case, the case ended before viewing the rest of my orders and cased ended as soon as i ordered the procedure.....so dont be alarm about case ending.

In real exam is totally different than practicing using usmleworld or premium cd or listening to archer.....it is totally different bec u dont know when u meet the criteria or not and then case will end abruptly.

Going to exam and doing ccs, it is expected from everyone that u know how to treat for a given diagnosis....once u approach it properly and meet the computer target points, then the case will end.

the most important thing is ccs case is reading carefully the hx and ur physical exam results slowly and dont just do fast reading, sometimes little thing in hx will give u the dx.

if u mess up during the case , u can always correct in ur 5 mins screen , dont panic , it doesnt mean u feel the case, it means u didnt get full point for that specific case....u need to be calm so u can focus on the next one.

hope this will help u telling u about my experience....by the way, i had one star all the way to the end....on my result bar.
the most important thing i would like to add is to make sure the follow ups are done i.e; interval history, vital monitoring, neurochecks in coma cases, bp in shock cases, labs like every 4 hr chem7 in dka cases, etc If you do these, these are shown to be improving and case ends 99% of time you must have done very well.
thanks again for the insights. I decided not to panic and try not to think about it anymore... I wont make the 3 - 4 weeks of waiting for the result be put to waste by just thinking about it, its not as if my grade would change if i do worry abt it. Thanks again everyone =)

i would just like to know , how are the step 3 grades reported?

The mcq and the css are reported separately? how many points in the ccs do u have to get in order to pass? is there a minimum passing grade for the ccs part alone? and a separate passing rate for the mcq portion? or its ok to fail the ccs considerably and just make up in the mcq portion by getting high there and it will even out and still pass?

Best wishes for a great score! I'm taking step 3 in a week!
I would be very grateful if you could send me your recent ccs and/or experience.
Send it to judiib

Thanks so much & GL
I PASSED STEP 3!!!

THank you Lord, and thank you to everyone who wished me well. THANK YOU!!

Goodbye usmle finally! =)

Goodluck to everyone! =)
Good Smile congrats Smile
how was your day1 and day 2 on the whole?
Thanks!

Day 1 was really very tiring. I find the ER block very very hard and not enough time really.
Day 2 McQ was tolerable but I panicked in the CCS part. I was really worried I'd fail, no exxageration. But good thing i passed!

Gudluck =)
Smile Awesome
Are you in a residency? My day 1 was BRUTAL....to put it mildly. I think ...I think i did better on day 2 with CCS esp. 6 cases were good, 1 totally messed up 2...so so or not so good
I hope I have good news to share next week too Smile

So did you not get score at 12 AM? Do they send an email like CK?
nope. not yet in residency. IM participating the match this year. still waiting for more interviews now.

how bout u?

Im sure ul do great. =)

I got an email awhile ago , 8:00 or around 9:00 am? and then checked the website for the result. =) I didnt wait last night at 12 am. hehe.
No not yet, hoping will do this year, have only 1 IV so far but it is okay all you need is one if you are going to get it, you will otherwise you wont

I am not sure I can sleep knowing my score is going to be out lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »