Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ineed your opinion please - hoosaam8
hello everybody iam us citizen and aforien medical graduate since 1997 i tried doing step 2 failed 3times and since 2000 i left the whole thing right now iam thinking of medicine again should i do master degree in public health or public administration or what else i can do and please what i need to have to apply for master degree in new york as i live in brooklyn do ineed toefl or gree or only my transcript of my final diploma
please help me out with your opinion
or can i try usmle again
I don't think you want to hear what I've got to say.
please i need to hear wat u,ve got to say
Well Dr. Hossam,

If you failed Step 2 CK three times in 2000 that tells me two things.

1. You would have to do your board exams all over again as there is a 7 year time limit. Assuming you did your CK first that means in 2007 your scores would have become invalid and thus you would have to go through that living hell once more.

2. The good news about that is that you can wipe the slate clean and hope to get some decent scores this time however the fact that your year of graduation is 1997 and that you haven't been in the field for the past decade or so leads me to doubt your success in this matter.

I'm not sure if you are looking to get into a residency because there is a lot stacked up against you.

-Your year of graduation is 1997 you are going to be competing with young studs who graduated just recently.

-It doesnt look like you're going to be getting exorbitant Step scores.

-No US Clinical Experience whatsoever or any clinical experience for that matter. Try explaining that to a Program Director. I'd be surprised if they could keep a straight face as you conjure up an elaborate yet see through lie. I dont want to be judgmental but this is the kind of scrutiny you are going to have to endure.

-It aint cheap living in New York and so I'm sure you'll have to maintain a job of some sorts. Competition is cut throat so you'll need to take some time to completely devote your time to USMLE. Something I doubt will be possible.

So as you can see you dont have anything going for you except for your citizenship which no way in hell can cover up for all your other shortcomings.

Great Board Scores
USCE
Research and Publications
Connections

Any one of the above can get you a residency. The more the merrier.

Now I ask you. Do you think you have a chance?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »