Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from the exam - surrender
Just came back from the second day. Thanks Lord for being with me on this mighty exam.

My reflections:

1. Questions similar to the USMLE CD (Maybe 10-20% harder/longer) - Do the USMLE CD Questions towards the end of the preparation. On the exam I barely got to the last question in each block. Was always lagging on time. Its not that all the questions are very long, but you spend so much time thinking.

2. UWorld definitely helpful as always, especially for CCS component. Can't tell whether UWorld Qbank better or Kaplan Q bank. If you have time for only one. Go for the UWorld in my opinion.

3. The biggest challenge for the exam is FOCUS and TIME MANAGEMENT - Don't waste time reading from many different sources, instead become more disciplined with your mind. At least 10% of the questions can keep you thinking for ages. You have to be really sharp on exam day. For that you need to start carrying out 8 hours of focused study everyday as if you are in an exam. Also you need to seriously work on maintaining a good sleep hygiene beginning from two weeks before the exam.

4. The exam is not Internal Medicine only. Maybe 50-60%. Be ready to answer questions from all the other subjects including statistics and dermatology.

5. There is good time available for CCS questions. So don't rush. Use the time they are giving you. At the same time be cautious you may have to follow up patients for longer than you might sometimes think.

6. The CCS component had its own tutorial which was not on the CD. It was like 7 pages emphasizing all the things you need to do to perform well. I don't know whether it can be read on the USMLE.org website beforehand. Its always not a bad idea to revise the essence of the CCS exam and what they are looking for.

This was my 2 cents. Hope it is helpful.

Will be glad to answer any questions you might have. But, might not reply within 12 hours, so be patient.

Absoulutely helpful. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. your thoughts on sleep hygiene are spot on. I learned that the hard way Wink
can you please send email

gargusmle
Thanks surrender!!May HE crown your efforts with success.
Thanks Mos11.

thank u surrender,
good luck with result!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »