Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
micro Q. - lovetest
a 34-year old man who is a track driver in Oklahoma collides with a deer on the highway. He takes the deer home and butchers it. Five days later, he develops a fever, nonproductive cough, shortness of breath, and generalized lymphadenopathy. Physical exam: no skin lesions. Which of the following is most likely to occur during this patient's illness?
A. Arthus reaction
B. Cytotoxic hypersensitivity
C. Mast cell degranulation
D. Neutrophilia
E. Type 4 hypersensitivity
C.
EE.

Tularemia
EE
Francisella tularensis is an intracellular bacterium, meaning that it is able to live as a parasite within host cells. It primarily infects macrophages..
Antonella
The answer is E. Tularemia can cause pneumonia like symptoms if inhaled. Since Francisella infects macrophages, it will cause a Th1 response which is what a delayed or Type IV hypersensitivity activates.

Hi,
I am miss Victoria by name,Is my pleasure to contact you after going through your profile at usmleforum.com which really interest me in having communication with you. I will appreciate if you can write me back ( victoriajohn0100 ) for easiest communication and to know more about each other so that i will explain myself to you and also send my picture to you.
Take care and have a nice day.
I await hearing from you soonest.
Yours truly
Victoria

( victoriajohn0100 )
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »