Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Flunked in STEP 1 -
Savitha S

Just received the results. Didn't expect this would happen.

My Question is - Is it kinda end of road for me ? Or should I give it another shot ? Can I match anywhere with a "FAILED" attempt.

Feeling lowest of the low ...thanks in advance for your replies.
friend

don't feel low. people with numerous attempts got
into residency programmes. it all depends on good expression & confident interviews and of course "luck"
which nobody can change.
Q.

hey, don't get discouraged. lots of folks don't pass it the first time. Some even not the second. although it can lesson your chances of getting a spot, however we all are going against the odds, and almost all of us will make it one way or another. I definitly think you should learn from your mistakes from the last exam and use it a guide, and give it another shot.
good luck
Ravi

It is not the end of the world,keep trying
catseyes

hey savita,plz don't get too depressed about your result.yes,anyone can get dissapointed after putting in mths of work which didnot turn out rite.the best advice i can give is start studying as soon possible.make a fresh time table,focus on weak points.
i am sure u know about A rated books for all the subjects,
anyways i'll still rite them down,
pathology,brs plus keep basic robbins opened to look at pic,charts &references,after every chapter do mcqs from review of pathology.

physiology,brs read one chap from brs then the same one from caplan,make your know notes then.

biochemistry & pharmacology,lippincot

microbiology,caplan notes,make bacteria & viral classifation charts & pin them on the soft board where u mostly study.

immunology,jawertz review

anatomy & behavior sc,high yeild

molecular biology,last 4 chapters in lippcott then high yeild

dont forget biostats,the question r basic on the exam so if u leave it u'll be missing a few easy questions.

lastly first aid,nms,q book & q bank.

try to add the above books in your study plan & i am sure u'll do it.
about your match,dont worry about it!when the time comes think about it then,anything is possble!just pray,have hope,study well.
i wish u best of luck in your career.

heidi

I have failed before and I am almost ready to take it again, I think is important you don't give up, but also you must know this doesn't define you as a person. My advise is that you don't set a time for next test, let your goal be a score not a period of time.
Can you let me know if you did kaplan's simulated cd? and what score you got on that? also what questions did you do? q bank? what was your score on the bank if you did it.
thanks
heidi
Sarah

Don't be discouraged. This is not the end of the road. Just think of it as an experience & learn from it. Take a break for about a week & do something you enjoy, then come back & start studying again. Have faith in your self & God. If you find your self getting anxious do some yoga or meditation to calm your self. I am studying for the step 1 too, & I feel that the most difficult thing is being dedicated so make a time table & try to stick to it. If you can, get the kaplan web prep & live lecture audios, (you can buy them from some one on the forums, they are quite cheap) I have found them very useful.
Good Luck !!!
Savitha S

Thanks a TON folks for the encouraging words and tips.

In the process of chalking up a plan to take a shot at it again.

best regards !
Parsa - l_roomi

I don't mean to tell you be strong or ....
I believe that there is some week point or points that only you can realize and put enough pressure to fortify them. So don't schedule any time for taking the test and just do it when you feel you hoplefully ( pay attention: hopefully) can make it.
Good luck and study wisely.
Parsa
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »