Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*****scramble 2011***** - pahology11
to participate in the scramble you dont need to make a ROL..

documents that you neeed for scramble:

1. print your common application form from the ERAS
2. your picture
3.your usmle score copies (all)
4.MSPE
5.medical school transcripts.
6. LORs only if you have copies. If you dont I am not sure how you can send them. May be you can say you will provide them as you match.
7. Personal statment. It would n=be nice if you write a common personal statement ratjer than a specialty specific like why yu want residency etc.
8. copy of your ECGMG certificate.

This is what I know. please add, modify.
@forever07
the site that you have mentioned gives the statistics i.e. results after scramble.
Rkn, this is result after Match, not scramble.
So, you can get unfilled position by substracting from total positions to filled position, then you will get un filled position in Match. So, this is the number for scramble.
Eg, NY, unfilled for IM is 31.

Patho,

If I don't have one score report, like step 1 copy, how can I get it now?
I have a Q about LoR. All my LoR is in ERAS PostOffice. I have no hard copy in hands since I waived my right. Do I need to fax LoR to programs by myself in scramble? Or they will directly download from my ERAS PostOffice?
if you dont have copies of LORs, then they do not need to be faxed.they will be in eras to send only.
just saw list in forum, here is the link for 2010 scrmable list. thanks to poster!
http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=555206
same q for me too. I don't have CS report.How can i get it now.
I don't have fax machine at home.I guess using fedex(former kinko's) internet and fax services will be a good idea.They charge hrly 12cents/min for using their internet.
Is there any other way?
I think that applying through ERAS will be enough and that we shouldn't stress having to worry about faxing our applications.

Programs can only use ERAS next year, and I believe they are probably going to phase into it this year. All we do is apply in ERAS to programs like we did for the match in September.

I am just going by assumption, so I may be wrong and if anyone knows more, please share with us.
one of my friend told me, that we need to fax documents to them because they have a pool of aplications and they don't bother to go thru each and every applications.
write " i don't need visa" on t he fistt paper to be sent, acc to my friend,he already prematched in IM.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »