Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*****scramble 2011***** - pahology11
forever07, i dont know how you get your score reports...if you dont have score reports, you list what your scores are ont he coover page(yes, make a cover page) and they will get your score report from the ERAS anyway.
guys...I have been asked by many over and over...here again;

for scramble:

1. Register to ERAS now. before feb 23.
2. apply to at least one program through ERAS now. before feb 23.
3. register to NRMP now. before feb 23.
4. prepare your documents if you are planning to fax them in addition to ERAS application
5.on the day of the scramble you must apply to program through ERAS again even if you applied in the regular season and even if you are planning to fax the documents. (Faxing, calling wont make you eligible, but people do it anyway)
6. you will be able to see the unfilled positions on the ERAS if you dont match. If you matched,,,sorry lights are out for you Sad

please add here whatever you learn. good luck. Smile
Thank you pathology, that's a good option.

Hi rimantidine, I dont get you buddy, you mean you pay per minutes for fax machine to get a line?
Give me some light, It's new to me.

Please make sure you get the confirmation e mail from NRMP thae your ROL been certified, if not check your nrmp to make certified. Only one day left Guys!
Pahology, u said we will see the unfilled on ERAS/

"6. you will be able to see the unfilled positions on the ERAS if you dont match. If you matched,,,sorry lights are out for you "

i think its NRMP
pls confirm
imagination,

thanks for pointing that out.

it might be very well NRMP, but either one of them....I think we will have to wait until the scramble day unless somebody tells us correctly...if you know for sure than it is NRMP. please guys correct me as we go through this process...

I hope we dont have to do this!!!!!
rimantidine,

no fax machine? than you are screwed Sad it wont be the first and last time I guess, we keep getting used to itSmile

anyways, a few applicants can get together to help each other, use the same fax machine or go to one of those places...it will be probably hard to do it but what other choices are there?

you cna register to online faxing services...alll you need is internet access. they may charge you..
i hope no one is planning on hiring some agency to fax stuff for u....waste of $$$....my GF participated in scramble last year...she bought a fax machine n didnt use it once...when u call programs...if ur lucky enough to have them pick up....they will take ur name..aamc ID..n ask u to send in ur ERAS application......n u wait to hear...nothing else......dont bother with the fax...if u want my advise....check out the programs that didnt match in the last few years.....check out if u meet their criteria...n if they have an open position on scramble day....send in ERAS....the program requirements that existed in the regular match season will still hold in scramble....people think that since a program hasnt matched...they are desperate for applicants.....quite to the contrary.....in the scramble programs have complete control of who they can take....they can be as choosy as they want...n in fact the scramble is rough.....in the scramble ur not only competing against those who didnt match.....but also people who couldnt participate in the match cause they didnt have certain exams scores in....but NOW THEY DO..n ull be surprised as to how many 99ers are gonna be out there......not to depress peeps...but this is the reality of the scramble.....good luck to all none the less!
drcopper - 02/20/11 21:54

You pretty much are better off getting a company to do your work on scramble day. There are some out there. They have numbers that are not posted.... pay your cash and do it."

Worst advice ever, in my opinion. Didn't you get the message from NRMP warning against such services(not that you need NRMP to tell you they are just a waste of your money) The PDs consider them spammers. They do not have a legal access to unfilled positions. Do you need them to hit the send button on ERAS on your behalf or what exactly? Are they going to be in the room with you helping you call the programs? I am sure you can find a friennd, relative to do this for you. If it's about faxing( which is not really necessary) then I am sure it will be much cheaper buying a fax machine.

To put it in a way I understood it from SDN, the scramble is just like the Match working in a much much exaggerated speedy fashion. Send out your application through ERAS and start calling/emailing the programs. If you have people on the inside who can talk to the programs on your behalf at the same time, more power to you.

If you are successful in contacting programs, they ll either say sorry filled, or we ll get back to you(not encouraging) or do a mini IV over the phone. You may then get a verbal offer or they ll get back to you with a contract offering the position.

I d really like to read the experience of any IMG who has gone through the scramble process either successfully or not. So guys please post away...

All the best to everyone!!
Good one hero_honda, I spoke too soon/ or was it too late? Yeah, the advice about fax machines is an outdated one as far as my research has shown. I am glad to have your GF's experience validating what I thought.
Also I think better to send out App then call(not the other way round) so that when you are talking to them they already have all your info in front of them.
i have heard people getting into residency using these services...but that was back in the day...now so many services have popped up that PD's get swamped with all these e-mails....they just delete them.....ERAS is the only source they use.....another good tidbit of advise is that if u know u were on the waiting list but just didnt get called for an IV because well its just really competitive those r the programs u should look 1st to see if they have an open slot....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »