Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visa Help - doctor_mkb
Hi i am from india. My step 1 score is 237/99 and am planning to give ck in april end. i plan to go for b1/b2 visa interview after that and give cs in june.. now here are my questions:-

1. Do i wait for my ck results before going to the visa iv or should i go right after my exams?

2. And do we get the visa only for cs or we can also do our USCE with it?

3. Does that letter from ecfmg(regarding our cs exam date) help?

Please if anyone knows a thing about this, please guide.. Thank you
1. you neednt wait for ck results esp as you ve a good score in step 1 and you ve the score report. my ck is 2 wks away and i got 3 mths visa for cs.
2. dont mention anything other than the cs exam even if you plan to get a usce, ask for 3 wks for your cs exam. the time allotted will depend on the vo. dont bother, just take all your papers ready and be pleasant and you will get the visa.
3. yes it helps.
Thanks dr_23585id

What is vo? (please dont mind my ignorance- visa officer?)

where did u go for your visa?

and dont we get visa for 6 months? When are u planning to take your cs? If it is for 3 months then you might have to come back and then what are u planning to do once the interview season comes?
@doctor_mkb
Visa for 3 months, 6 months , single entry or multiple entry for 10 yrs depends entirely on discretion of visa officer.
you should consider yourself lucky to get a multi entry one , some may get , some may not.
but evn 3 month visa is much much bettr thn no visa. And when you come back u can apply again for IVS and other stuff and your chances increases this time cz now they trust u more.
Hope this helps.
good luck
yup i agree with peace, thats wat i m also hoping to do. i saw two people rejected right in front of me and the only thing i prayed was i must get a visa to write my cs exam. so just do your paperwork and pray well. i had in chennai.best of luck.
Thank you peace98148 and dr_23585id - lots of doubt cleared

1 more question

How much time you need for getting a date for visa iv? some here say they are available even before 1 week while some say u have to take it well in advance.. can u help clear that?

@dr_23585id - can you give me your mail id. i wanted to ask about the papers and stuff
aryanew
hey !!
doctor_mkb

did u get ur visa widout ur ck score...i am in a similar situation!
@goodpal - i have just completed my ck and will be going for the visa iv without the results. will let you know. what about you?

actually one of my friends applied twice in the last month and got rejected on both occassions. He had made his own share of mistakes i feel but that has really made me nervous now.

so guys if any of you got any tips or advice for the visa interview, pls share . will be grateful to u..

thanks...

bump
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »