Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME#2 block 2 Q1-----------Q50 - maryam2009
sorry,website would be http://www.aafp.org/afp/990800ap/558.html,
i wrote wrong one
sorry i wrote wrong one.correct one http://www.aafp.org/afp/990800ap/558.html
some addition
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding 2-2-43

EE.....It is from the link that you sent .....

Primary care physicians frequently encounter children with heart murmurs.1 Most of these young patients do not have heart disease.

Echocardiography is not always needed to diagnose pediatric murmurs. direct referral for echocardiography was an expensive way to evaluate children with heart murmurs. Pediatric cardiology consultation was significantly less costly in that many innocent murmurs were diagnosed without echocardiography.

2-2-18

External Oblique

The external obliques are also a superficial muscle that is found just laterally to the rectus abdominus. They originate from the external surfaces of the lower 8 ribs, and insert into the anterior half of the outer lip of the iliac crest and the aponeurosis of the anterior abdominal wall. Its function includes flexing the trunk (in bilateral contraction), posterior pelvic tilt, same side flexion, and rotation of the trunk to the opposite side (during unilateral contraction). The external obliques are the largest of the abdominal muscles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27.FFF

Renal infarct produces gross hematuria...

U can see peripheral wedge shaped infarct in the pic...That caused her hematuria

Renal infarct is becoz of some embolus...

embolus later lodged in her brain and became cause of her death.

posted by sara84
Guys, 27 should be E based on the Fact that it was chosen by one student who later got 800!
High scored people can make mistake also..but this one #27 is disscussed by many people on forum and F is the best choice and is explained by Sara84.
Thank you
Okay ...But Maryam, Isnt 800 the highest possible score when you answer all questions correctly?
I have no idea about the reliability of any answer keys ,but just know that we discussed this Q(27) for many times.

Here is the latest modified answer key that I have:

NBME Form 2 Block 2 :

1-5 CADCC
6-10 CDABE
11-15 CEBAA (11 Biostates)
16-20 DBBDA
21-25 EAEAG
26-30 AFBCA (*27(F) IS CORRECTED FROM ANSWER KEY
31-35 ABEDE (32 Biostates)
36-40 DDFEB
41-45 CDDED
46-50 DECCC

Thank you and Good Luck Smile
16.D
Katanger 's syndrome
immotile cilia due to a dynein arm defect.........cause male and female infertility
bronchioectasia,recurent sinusitis.
associated with sius inversus

I agree that this the answer but in the histology video of Kaplan it wasa mentioned that cilliary action in the oviduct is not essentail for for normal tual transport of conceptus
NBME 2 block 2 question35

Is the answer C or E?

I chose E but when I have reviewed my notes from UW, I found the following points mentioned:

DS DNA -> by Reverse trascriptase DNA polymerase --> template + RNA then ---> progeny DS DNA

I cant find the question in the UW? has any one an idea about the topic?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »