Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
92/216 - plansam
hello friends
i have been following all of u. got alot from this forum. a billion thanks to all of you.
got my result this wed. 92/216.
materials:
1. kaplan LN twice
2. MTB 3 twice
3. UW twice(64% first time subject wise, tutor mode)
4. nbme
1; 4months before the exam 480
2; 2m '' '' '' 410(did not study anything for 1 month)
3; 2weeks '' '' 510

preperation time:
i am working as a full time registrar with hectic working schedule. took about 10months preperation with breaks in between. took leave for last 3 weeks before the exam and the exam was on 6th April.

exam day:
reached exam centre 20min late. TIME WAS MY ENEMY. I had to answer atleast 16Q blindly, like c c c c c

thats all about it.
score is not great but a fellow like me an old IMG(11Y), working full time, it is a good score for me.

if i could have managed the time well, the result would have been different.

i wrote this just because somebody like me may get some inspiration.

thanks everyone.

congratulations plansam..
thanks for sharing your experience..
U KNOW OLD or recently passed doesnt matter as long as you are up to date with your knowledge ..
good luck with other steps..
Hey, it's a great score!!!! Don't put yourself down!!! And enjoy your success!!!!
hey pansam,

thank you for the exam details..... full time job and a 92 is not a joke ! well done!

"score is not great" my friend, you will see in time your score is indeed great..... : )

two quick questions... did you think UW or nbme was closer to the real test?
and did u think uw covered the necessary topics for th test.. more or less?

good luck ahead....!

kudos!

Cheers!
Adrian
congratulations and best of luck..
congratulations on that great score,i would appreciateif u shared ur exam experience,were the questions too long?how many were direct questions.

Congratulations on that great score. Full time job and this score! Its really good man!
It doesn't matter if you are an old grad or new...it is the constant zeal to keep up with the recent advances that matters!
All the best for your future.
hi guys, thank u very much all of u.
-->q were very long for sure. i felt i was short of practice in doing lengthy q's.
-->adrian -- exam was very close to uw. nbme q's were shorter than the real exam but standard is the same.
-->i scored the least in psychiatry and obg
-->people told me i should have taken step 1 first before taking ck. anyway iam done with it now.
-->i am in confusion now, which step to take now? step 1 or CS? can some body advice me please?
Dear pansam,

right now??

if ur good with ur communication skills and have a few weeks to spare, go for CS.....
is my advice.... u are ripe right now with ur CK strong..... d/ds wont be a prob for you... and the study time needed fr CS is little compared to step1... so my advice... shoot fr CS now....!

then u can take the amount of time u think ul need fr step1.....

but right now u seem real ready to get CS outta the way and in style...!

good luck and thanks fr ur reply!

Cheers!
Adrian
adrian, uw is more than enough for the range of q's but i feel the key for this exam is TIME. If they give us liberal time all of us can score 99 for sure.
if somebody studies kaplan material times 4, uw times 3 and mtb times 3 plus nbme for assesment -- guaranteed 99. actually this was my plan but i couldnt impliment fully.

best wishes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »