Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADVICE PLEASE- Do I have a chance? - iamwell
I am 4 years out of medical school and have no exams to show for it...severe anxiety disorder has affected my stuyding. I only took Step 1 after my 3rd year of med school and failed. Decided to move on to Step 2 and that's where I've been stuck ever since. I am discouraged that my chances of getting into a residency are slim because of my gap, and I have read that residencies place a lot of importance on how fast you apply after med school and aren't very understanding of applicants with gaps. I'm at a point where I'm looking into other career paths because discussions on forums such as this make me so discouraged with all the competition especially since I have handicapped myself with wasted years.

Any comments or advice? Thanks.
just believe in yourself and go ahead. years to graduation are important but not the only criteria. try to make up for the years by getting good scores and good clinical experience and you will ace it. determination, focus and confidence thats what you need, GOODLUCK.
HI Friends,
I am 9yr gradute from medical school with Public Health diploma.I want to go for USMLE. how good is it going to work? What are the chance to get recidency?How much scope is for MPH?
PLease Guide.
Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »