Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SP for Step 2 CK - examusmle
Actually i did find endometiosis as well in 3! Sorry for the confusion!!! This is what happens when you are reading 2 books at the same time! i guess i just made a big a*** out of myself!!!!

No more confusion. MTB2 FOR IM and MTB3 FOR THE REST!!!
hehehe, it happens psych25Smile dats y i'm sticking with kaplan n MTB. for gyne n obs, i will do blue prints. i did this book in my final year of medical school, just love it. thank u, but if i'll have any problem, i'll get to forum members n uSmile
grad1980 & psych25,

One small correction, I heard MTB 2 is also good for peads in addition to IM. So my recommendation
would be to do MTB 2 for IM and Paeds, MTB-3 for the rest. I completely agree with grad1980 that
too many books spoil the soup. But we are only going to do selected topics from those 2 books
as mentioned above and not going to duplicate everything by reading both the books.

grad1980,

Just one more thing I wanted to tell you in advance. Please try and tailor your studies in such a way
that you manage to finish Surgery before or at least by Thursday. Because, I was going to suggest
a plan to finish OBG and Psych together by end of the following week.

The ideal subject to start after surgery would be Obs & Gynae even though it has only 170 pages in KPN.Psychiatry is 195 pages).

Even if you decide to do blue print I would still suggest to do O/G first because I just
had a look at Psych syllabus and nearly 2/3 of the contents are more or less similar to what we
studied in Step 1. So technically speaking, it is easy to do 80-90 pages/day and we can finish it 2 days or maximum 3 days, even if you want to stick to 60pages/day timetable.

So, here is my plan:

Finish surgery by Thursday (2nd) and start O/G the same day or at least Friday.
Friday, Monday and Tuesday 3 full days. Aim to finish by tuesday but in worst case scenario
by Wednesday.

If you are smart enough and stick to your plans, ideally you should be able to at least make a
start with Psychiatry on Wednesday and you will definitely able be finish it by Friday i.e. 10th June.

For some reasons, if things didn't work out and if you couldn't complete all the 5 subjects by 10th
June, you must then give yourself little punishment (or to your partners for all the hinderence!)
and try and take some extra hours off from the weekend.

In a nutshell, 10th June is THE DEADLINE to finish the first reading of all the subjects, and if anyone comes up with excuse it just means that they are not motivated enough. So try and pace yourself
accordingly, from now onwards..
Guys,

By Monday the 13th June, we are good to go for MTB!! We MUST start MTB at any cost
by this date, because then only we would be able to finish it by the end of June (with the same 60 pages/day schedule). And will be ready to subscribe to online Question banks at the latest from 1st July. This is applicable to ALL of us, irrespective of whether you are taking the exam in August or October.

But for people like me who plan to take it in August, in addition to MTB, to be on the safer side, we should
also subscribe to some Q bank of our choice and work our way through. We could either start doing it right away, (i.e from 1st June) along side the other usual study schedule, or wait until
10th to finish KLN first reading. BUT, it is a MUST that we should start our Q banks no later than 13th June,
if you realistically want to do your exam, at least by end of August.

To start with, could do at least 1 block of questions/day and gradually increase it to 2 blocks once finished with first reading of MTB or something like that. We can always work our head around these micro plans,
once we managed to make a start...

All these are only my suggestions, and no way I am underestimating any of your personal circumstances
or individual study strategies etc. I did some home work and came up with these above plans which
should be doable for any average student with tons of family and other commitments, and who can spare only 6 hours/ day, only 5 days of week days and busy during evening and week ends. If done properly,
you could do ONLY more but never less. If you realize that are doing less, then it means you are doing
something wrong somewhere and you should go back and review your plan and choose the one that
suits you the best or reconsider to post pone your exam dates etc.

I know that it worked for me in Step 1 and, if you religiously do this every day and stick to your plans, there is NO reason why we can't ace this exam too.

By all means, If you guys have any suggestions which you think might help us better, you are more than welcome.
umhum........... the plan mentioned above looks tough but i think its high time to stop wasting time n get in the drill, i miss doing MCQs but i'm only waiting for my first reading of KLN and then MTB2 to be done at a proper time. I'm in it with u examusmleSmile Although my in laws are coming this thursday evening n will be staying for a month with us but i believe if i won't be serious about my studies, no body else would care. i'm planing to go to the local library after hitting the gym every morning. i should at least give 4 solid hour every day to studies n i'll stay close to our goal.
well all can say here now is that I LIKE THE PLAN AND I'M IN ITSmile. may be if my prep goes well i might schedule the exam at the end of August or early september instead of october end.
grad1980,

You seems to be very sincere and a good motivation for others too.

Even with 4 hours a day, if u choose a quite place, switch of your mobile etc. and give your FULL attention during that time, you would be able to do at least 90-95% of our schedule, excluding the MCQs.

But, Please don't worry about missing the MCQs, we could try and make it up for it later. When things are not entirely under your control, (such as your in law's visit etc) It is better to take it slow and do one thing at a time than doing it in a rush and loose everything altogether.

WE CAN DO THIS!!
thank u examusmleSmile
Hi everybody:
I'm an IMG from 1994 with specialty in Pediatric Gastroenterology. I 'm done with step 1 (score 99/233) and waiting results for cs took 1 month ago. Plan to take ck in November.
It was very helpful in getting motivation reading all your comments. I just want to stay in touch once in a while, maybe because different methods to study, but it is always good been in touch with other people that are doing the same thing. So, I hope I can participate, even sporadically,
Thank you.
FA for step 2 ck is not recommended
titalinda,

Of course, you can participate. One of the reasons for posting in this thread, (instead of skype) is
also for the benefit of other forum members who are in similar situation like us. Any motivation is good.

successful_steps
I agree with you. Many people feel that FA is no good for CK. How is your MTB prep going?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »