Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visa reejction and dv lottery application - sank
i am due to give my usmle exam pretty soon.............this one thing has been bothering me real bad. i applied for this "dv lottery " program this year. so will my applying for the dv lottery decrease my chances of getting my visa for the step 2 cs?
will the consular have the deatails about my application for the dv when i gp for the interview??
will be really grateful if anyone cud answer my questions??
Obviously NOT. DV lottery application has no effect on your Visa.
As a DV winner, I can assure you that applying for the Lottery won't affect your chances, and this is simply because the consular staff will neither know you did nor ask you about it (and You will not tell them about it! Smile )
However, if you are notified as a potential winner, you'll receive a form called "Immigrant Visa form request" ( something of the kind) and not "Non-Immigrant visa request" like it is the case when you apply for B, F,J. etc... visas. Form the moment you send that form to the USCIS, you show your interest in staying for good in the USA (it's called "immigrant intent"), and only at that moment this could be a huge problem for your later visa applications, because tourist visa, student visa, etc.. are not dual intent
read this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_intent
@ sakhter: thanx ...appreciate it.....

@kuianoo: thanx a lot for your reply. i really am grateful for your advice. I am gonna give my CS later this year or maybe next year around march . and this dv lottery is due to open on july this year. practically ,the dv lottery results will have been out many months before, by the time i apply for visa(non dual type) .so what u're telling me is that if i win, its bad for me in all cases ? or just if i apply for visa(non dual type) first and then go on to win the lottery , only then its bad for me ? I thought winning it might help me stay in the states and relieve me from the tension of the limited period granted by the other visas. So i see u won the dv lottery.. how did it work out for u? did u have any other problems? looking forward to gr8 advices from you again............
Please tell me how it worked with u ?
Are u now in the USA ?
I have similar situation ,

Plz E-mail me with ur answer if u have time .
This will determine my future
hatem_eltaly
dont give up
Good game selection is one of the most important options in online s. I have to check a dozen of various s in search of the most curious one. My choice https://ttrs.com/
It is not only because of rich game selection but also because of its easiest interface and convenient smartphone options.
Good game selection is one of the most important options in online s. I have to check a dozen of various s in search of the most curious one. My choice https://ttrs.com/
It is not only because of rich game selection but also because of its easiest interface and convenient smartphone options.
Thanks for that link bro!
never give up
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »