Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth Applying?? - positive1
98 step 1,99 step2,cs cleared in 2nd attempt,step 3 94
2008 grad
3months observership in private hospt.
Need visa.
Please be honest,i feel im jus going to waste money.
You have good credentials...your YOG is within the 5 year cut off for most programs....your scores are excellent...yes you have an attempt in CS but it's not the end of the world...

If you have some LORS from the US that would be great...

I think it's worth giving it a try...find IMG friendly programs..apply widely...and apply to friendly specialties ...

Good luck..no one knows how things will turn out...wish you all the best Smile
I have 1 us lor which is from the hospt whr i went for observership.
Im interested in int med cos i think I may just want to go bac to India after finishing.
Thanks for the reply ia
I think you have a shot in internal medicine...but make sure you apply widely and to IMG friendly programs...
If you want to be on the safe side, you might want to apply to other specialties as back up...but I guess it all depends on how much money you can afford..this matching thing is very costly!!!
You have excellent creds. Apply wide & far, this includes community programs. Good luck.
98 step 1,
[very good]

99 step2,
[excellent]

cs cleared in 2nd attempt,
[big drawback]

step 3 94
[great]

2008 grad
[nice, not too old]

3months observership in private hospt.
[very good]

Need visa.
[second drawback, but you are going to be at a same disadvantage as scores of other IMGs]

Please be honest,i feel im jus going to waste money.
[you have a decent chance of getting IV, apply wisely and broadly. you failed CS - did you have issues with interpersonal communication? do you have problems getting you point across? if that is the case 0 you need to fix this as even if you get interview, and you fail to impress the faculty, you are not going to match, work on your CV and take some public speaking, interpersonal communication enhancing classes]
Hello doctor,

I'm really impressed with your post. You got decent scores regardless the cs attempt. However, and although you got good scores but ur asking in the forum if you have chance or not which in my humble opinion can be a drawback ! It reflects that you do not trust yourself and your ability to make it happen.

Did you get me right?

Cheers!
Dude...if you don't match...WHO WOULD!!
Come on man...Come to America!!
Oh my god so encouraging.
Thanks to all of u.
I had completely lost if after the cs attempt.
junsen u r right i dont trust myself after that cs exam.
Thanks again.
CS exam is a waste of money and time..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »