Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed twice,i don't know if i can do this. - jjrodz
IMG graduated 2008. Took princeton review and failed step 1 in 2010 with 128, took falcon and failed again in 2011 with 146. Did all UWorld twice, Path Rapid Review, First Aid 5 times. And I still can't pass. Maybe I'm just stupid?
something is wrong. focus dude. two times is kinda showing you are inept at tests. and you must past them. go overdrive or drop out. go big or go home man dont let it stop you get a fire started inside you and go harder. quit pussyfooting and open up ur notes start from scratch build ur foundation. if you dont want to. mcdonalds is hiring at the local shopping center
I want this really bad. I do a lot of questions and study 10-12 hours a day but i don't know what happens during the test that i blank out. I actually cant remember any of the questions from the two times i took it. I remember going in but i don't remember the test. It's like i blank out. In both courses i did everything they told me and went to every lecture but i can't remember specific details during the test. Like treatments and names of bacteria. I'm trying to work in mnemonics and diagrams.
jjrodz - hey im sorry to hear that. u should definately stick to this if this is want u want really bad. i want it really bad too!! we all do. maybe u should study this time using KAPLAN lecture notes instead of princeton -- never heard of this-- and falcon. i mean, thats what most of the ppl use and it seems like it really works. good luck and hopefully one day u will write ur exam experience telling the world that u passed with a great score. GL
thanks. I think i am going to do kaplan. I think my problem is that i have very essential gaps in my knowledge. I would memorize some things but when i get to the question i can do the first part and not the next step. I guess i have to start from the beginning and assume i know nothing.

I got First Aid 2011, BRS Physio 5th Edition, Micro Ridiculously Simple, RR Goljan, UWorld, RR BioQ. I think I'm going to do all the videos and lecture notes from Kaplan take an NBME then review First Aid with these books annotating in the areas i need it, then take another NBME, review First Aid annotated with these sources, another NBME and then the test if Im ready. No matter how long it takes.
´What makes me feel the worse is that the areas i did really well the first time i did really bad the second time and vice versa. Maybe i could combine the knowledge from both times and with a little bit more i can pass.
hey sorrry to hear how many NBMES did u do and how were u scoring
I never did an NBME Sad I was just scared to get a bad grade and freak myself out. Now I realize it was a very stupid idea. I even had one paid that I ever did the second time around.
yea do those the offlines ones are good to start with then go for the online one---when u did FA how come that didnt help u with the exam?? n did u take ur exam right after u finished falcon
I took the test 4 weeks after falcon. I think maybe i read without thinking I just read it thru and dont internalize the material. I think I have problems with very basic concepts.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »