Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gave Step-2...... -
SP

Hi,

I gave my step-2. It was a long and exhaustive exam. I am happy it was over but tense to see my result, hope I'll get through it safely. Now I am ready to help you guys.

50% of the exam was Medicine , I got more questions from cardiology, hematology, neurology and Vitamins.

Obs and Gyn was pretty straight.

surgery was all about trauma except for a few in general surgery(5-6Q's out of whole exam) but post op management and complications was there in every block.

There were no calculations in Biostats , all questions were like analysing and interpreting the data given. There were 4-5 ethical Q's in each block.

Psychiatry: more Q's on psychiatric pharmacology.

Pediatrics: More general. Should know definitely what is normal and what is abnormal like innocent murmurs, mile stones etc. Concentrate on orthopedics , rashes, Vaccines.

Dermatology: Gave some pics and asked what is the diagnosis or causal agent.

ENT: I got Meniers disease and Benign positional vertigo. asked for diagnosis only.

Ophtho: Concentrate on emergencies.

I got a few Q's on drowning and its management and about hypothermia and heat stroke.

If you have any more doubts, I'll try to help.

SP

Hi,

Its me again....

I missed Preventive medicine to add. It is very important for step-2. Be thorough with the screening tests, imp risk factors etc.
Tom

Congrats!!!!
What books did you use??
what do you think about blueprints series?
thanks.
SP

Tom,

Sorry for delay. I read only Kaplan Live lecture notes and did Q's from Q bank and NMS. I dont have any idea about blue print series but some of my friends read only those books thoroughly and did more questions and gave exam . They got 88, so they must be good. Hope this helps.
Tom

thanks!!!
Paul - rashidtrumann

Hi
Hope u pass. I also had a heart wrenching exam but managed to get 88
Good luck
SP

Thanks Paul!!!
Dayakar - dayakar23

I am also preparing for the step2 with the live lecture notes and the Q-book and other question books. I have about 3 months left and I would like to know how well I should be doing as an indication of how well you all did on your exam. Some people say 70% some say 80%. I'm in the middle right now and very confused.
teng

How long did it take to get your result?
nizam - nizam_gulsha

wish u all d best 4 ur result how much ur expecting?how much %age u got on ur kaplan cd prep,how much %age one should get on cd prep to get 90 and abovein final exam.good luck again
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »