Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Step 2 exam -
Anonymous

1. 4 Qs on the post op fever, wind, water, walking, wound. That was 4 "gimmes" FREE

2. 2 Qs on OI ...can you believe that?, email me if you want to hear about that one

3. Osteoporosis risk factors

4. 14 yr old with thigh pain, 0-5, 5-10, 10-15(remember Tarik?) for everyone else, thats DDH, Perthes, SCE respectively

5. Bunch on anemia, iron, lead

6. Multiple multiple on Diff Dx for urine 3+ man i hate renal stuff

7. Bunch on HIV, like rx for mom, cd4<180, SMX/TMP prophyl

8. A whole bunch on Diabetes, from insulin to CVD

9. High Grade SIL next step in management?

10. Pneumonia Rx, comm. acquired

11. Of course there was a TA Rx, who's ever seen a case?

12. A few on SLE Dx, Rx

13. JRA

14. Penile discharge Rx... yuck

15. Bul. Nervosa, the non-weight change was important here

16. Oppositional Defiant Disorder

17. Cataracts

18. Knee injury, which meniscus tears?

19. 2 on Cavernous Hemanigioma, and both were the same answer.. observe and reassure parents.

20. I had about 10 stats questions, PPV/NPV sens./spec. moving the pt. on the 2 mountain graph and all those what type of study, and 2 on whats wrong with this study?

21. Pre-eclamsia/ecclampsia Rx for seizures

22. 2 on abortion.. what do you do at 27 weeks?

23. Food poisoning potato salad. mmmmm i was getting hungry at this point during the exam

24. 2 Vax. --kids with HiB,sickle cell with what?

25. Anyone remember the jackhammer man, i think it was on the review CD or in the book, that same question was on there

26. Tension pneumo

27. What is the longest lasting local?

28. I had 4 pictures of skin cancer, man i havent looked at those since path on the island. oh well

29. I had 4 x-rays of extemities, including the sunburst

30. A couple of blood smears

31. Oh yeah a tall 5 year old with a bone age of 7 but mom was 6'1 and dad 6'5 so it she was normal. big girl, big girl... kevin and perry go large, only vito knows that movie

32. And a midget, sorry, achondroplasia, pregnant with a normal child, and they gave her pelvic diameters, but i think it was a CS

33. 5 year boy Spiral fracture femur while with the babysitter, was it abuse? what the heck is a spiral fx?

34. A couple girls with amenorrhea. they wanted to fake you out on anorex. on one of them

35. a couple of TB stuff

36. X-r on lead pipe appearance, but UC was not an answer. i went w/ crohns

37. Wilsons, but the answer was zinc def. so dont go too fast

My final question was a young girl with all the signs of an appy, but unprotected sexual active, they threw in lots of red herrings, and the ddx would be appy, pid, ectopic, but i went with appy.

Hope my ideas can help you in some way. For all you Kaplan folks, they did it right. Even though i missed lots of class, I think their focus was dead on target.

From my POV, it felt good, better than the first 1, because its all vignettes, not BS. My 1st block was easy, then it got harder and harder each time.

Hello Everyone

I wanted to share my opinions of Step2. I took the exam yesterday and I must say it was some experience. The exam was very superficial and asked details in things that are very common to medicine/surgery/obs/gyne etc. As you know this exam is longer than Step1 and endurance is a factor to last the 8 hours of testing time. I ended up using each 1hour time block up to 50-55min mark.

To all who took the Kaplan course, they prepped us well! Even the professors that people didn't like that well covered material in the correct detail! They hit on all the major topics and in a similar presentation asked on the exam. Watch out for
aj

thanks a million. its really nice of u. i have 2 and a half months. do u think thats enough. once again thanks
Anonymous

AJ,

Two and half months is more than enough. Concentrate on the above topics. Wish you best of luck.
img

Thanks a ton!!!!!!
resid - resid804

Hi
Thanx.
krud

Thanx, that is a good review
pramod - bkp@eudoramail.com

Hey thanks a lot for all those hints....
I havent taken the course at kaplan but am using the notes...will it be enough..do u advice any other books..is it necessary to do CMDT? i got 2 months....will it be enough?
Lyndi

Thanks for sharing! Much appreciated :-)
Bob - serenebob

HI
i need advice regarding the books to be followed to get a good score on step-2.
i am currently usinf kaplan books ,do u suggest any other books.
Please let me know.
thanking u
bob
Tavino - tavino@stis.net

I Took Step 2 About a year ago and Got a 72. I used kaplans notes ,I reviewed About 1000 Questions. What question books do you recommend. Thank You
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »