Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UAMS internal medicine residency program Feedback - imdoc80
I am a current resident in internal medicine program at UAMS. The program is extremely busy and geared towards extracting as much work from residents and more so IMG's . There is hardly any emphasis on teaching or scholarly activities . The program is also very unstable in the sense that residents are constantly leaving and coming and there changes being forced upon residents . The most depressing thing is that several fellows from different university and county hospitals across the country were shocked to see the amount of work internal medicine residents were putting in (or asked to do) at a academic university based setting. The program leaves much desired and if If I were to go to match again, will rank this program much lower. If any prospective US or IMG applicant has a specific question then I will happy to answer to the best of my ability.
The only good thing for visa seekers is that this is an H1 program , at least for now. Also it gives no preference to it's own candidates for cardiology and GI fellowship
u shud b happy u have residency..stop whinning and do some hard work...welcome to america man
I was ecstatic when matched , however things and opinions change once u have matched and the euphoria is over. Just providing a feedback for applicants who may be confused between this and other programs .
what is UAMS
some people just need a position. be grateful you have a job. does the program offer observerships/externships?
@imdoc80

hello...i agree with you...and appreciate ur effort for sharing this ...because its not important to get a residency position but v shud be aware of life during 3 yrs of residency.. because that wud be the foundation stone for rest of our career ahead.....
Hi IMDOC80

How easy is it to get fellowship after doing residency in IM based on your program experience?
@ble21ach

Veterans hospital affiliated to UAMS does offer observership . UAMS does not

Also Iam happy and grateful that I have a job and a residency spot. Feedback is not same as complaining or cribbing. Not that u are here , u will realize for yourself

@ funny 3

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at little rock
thanks imdoc80 for the feedback!
i meant how easy it is for UAMS graduates to have fellowships of their wish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »