Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
passed! had the worst score though - adroits
this is going to kill my applications..
is 77 a professional harakiri?

do programs filter based on step 3 score too?

kind of in a catch-22...passed, but with a score that is detrimental to my career engine...

what do vet's in this forum say?

2004 grad with both steps above 85 (high 80's)...

plz throw your advice
i dont really feel that it affects a whole lot, mainly for visa issues.. but if you chose the option of not releasing your transcript, you can withhold your scores..
I think u shd release ur step 3 scores too.
i too got only 80 after 92 na d94 in step 1 and ck
I am going to release my step 3 score.

we did our best rest leave it to GOD
all the best .
th14, happy to have your advice...I want to withhold my score too....can you plz project the reality of cost/benefit in doing so?

I thought of starting to apply for FM, IM and psych programs once I receive my step 3 score card...

How can I sell myself to any program?

Do FM programs care really about the three digit score or do they appreciate any passing score?

Please give me a real picture how naked the truth can be...
if you have a good FM profile, i mean if you some sort of usce or observership in fam med, stuff like that.. then release your score, most FM programs are not that stringent on scores and having a passing step 3 might actually help,, i am not so sure about int med though!!
th14, I buy it. I will forward my score to FM programs as I have good observation hours in FM.

i will keep myself open to suggestions by other senior members in this forum for psych, IM and other specialties.

thanks th14 for helping me survive this ordeal..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »