Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are img's being discriminated in the us? -
siama

are the img's being discriminated in the usa?? i want to know before i start my prep for the future! what is the future outlook for the img's in states??
please help give some input guys!! ;(
shakil - shakil.ghafoor@abbott.com

Not really! If u work hard and get a good score in both steps then there is no reason of being discrimate.
Good luck
sdasdaf

tum dono illu ho
ja

yes if u want to get into 'good programmes' etc....understand?
ravi

discrimination for img has started after 9/11
MAHMOOD

AGREE BFORE 09/11 IT WAS OK..THOSE GUYS DIDN'T HELP US AT ALL..AND OF COURSE NOT THE ARAB WORDL...THEY SHOULD HAVVE THINK BFORE DOING WHAT THEY DID....
MelbUni

9/11 didn't then make the American public ignorant; it might have the American Bush administration.
America has always been about meritocracy -if you are good, there is no reason why you cannot make a contribution to their society. In fact, America would have to be one of the very few places in the world where colour, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and (dare I say) looks have little or no influence on whether you are good enough to do a job. Esp in the highly academic circle such as medicine, differences are embraced and celebrated.
One advice: do well in your steps, and you will stand as good a chance as any graduate from an American medical school.
latindoc

discrimination is a public offense and could prompt legal actions and consequences. I would say they are being selective !! i know there are to many koo-koo's out there (especially in medicine). I would probably do the same in my home country. Dont take it personal, it just common sense.
ja

discrimination or whatever u call it......it is harder for img to find friendly hospitals.......that is a fact as my friends have all faced it and so will i...........but getting a good score to ease the situation.......but won't solve it.....if i get into a good programme i will let u all know.
docespy

its not relevant, do your best and you will be competing
on equal ground.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »