Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago transportation - applebbpie99
I have an iV at Jackson park hospital chicago, can someone tell me where to stay and how can I get there from Chicago airport. Thanksssss
stay at ohare garden hotel..its the cheapest near ohare..........you can take a cab..or use metra(train).....

Chicago Midway International Airport
5700 South Cicero Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60638
Walk to Midway
About 13 mins (0.7 mi)
Midway
Orange Line Subway towards Loop
2:19pm - 2:52pm (33 mins, 14 stops)
Randolph/Wabash
Walk to Randolph St. Metra
About 4 mins (13 mins to make transfer)
Randolph St. Metra
ME Train towards Blue Island
3:05pm - 3:23pm (18 mins, 6 stops)
75th St. (Grand Crossing) Metra
Walk to 7531 S Stony Island Ave, Chicago, IL 60649
About 10 mins (0.5 mi)

7531 S Stony Island Ave
Chicago, IL 60649

or you can take a taxi - more expense but will shave atleast 45 minutes
try to stay closer to the hospital, Ramada hotel lakeshore chicago. that way you arent trying to stress over the commute morning of the interview
yes recommend staying near the hospital always. have done it for all my interviews (residency and fellowship) beats freaking out in AM on day of interview (traffic, transport etc)
also, for that Ramada location, their is a GO Airport Express Shuttle that you can get for $33 from ohare. possibly cheaper then taxi. lol....i swear i dont work for the hotel, i feel like im pushing it way too hard.

http://www.ramadachicagohotel.com/
thnaks guys....

I agree it is better to stay near the hospital. By the way how far is the hotel from the hospital and how is the hotel area?
8-10 mins drive taxi drive, no highway, so no unpredictable traffic. the hotel is in hydepark Uof Chicago area, so very safe with lots of students. i 've lived in that area....and really have had no problems.
thanks caspermed

do you know how can i get from airport (ohare) to hotel....any train etc?
ohare is a little far from JPH, i have personally never taken public transportation so can not recommend it. i know that Ramada hotel has its GO Express Shuttle from Ohare, you might want to call the hotel and find out more information.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »