Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam soon, one question,please help - carnation10
if an ER severe ABD case, in closure part, I tell the patient that he needs to stay in hospital .....and the patient ask " why do you think I should stay in hospital ?" What should I say? I was told dont scare patients...so in this situation, what is appropriate to say ? Thank you
my skype id is kafkajohn31
anyone ? please
you should tell them,
''Mister X, I understand, your apprehension about hospital stay, but, your condition needs some immediate investigations to be done to rule out emergency operative conditions like appendicitis. so, you need to stay in the hospital. I will send my nurse, who will take your vitals and give you some analgesics.''
Acute abdomen definitely requires prompt confrontation about nothing my mouth and immediate surgery..so don't worry about scaring the patient.
if you have more doubts, skype me at csmadeeasy4u or email me at csmadeeasy4u. I can give you a one on one guidance for your exam.
skype- kafkajohn31
you probably can say that you want to make sure that the patient doesn't have any life threatening illness, to rule it out you need to do some quick investigations such as----- state or briefly explain about investigations you intend to do and tell him that you will not take much time to get back the investigation reports and aftr that you will discuss about the treatment options.
kafkajohn31- skype
dreinstein1- skype id
skype me melymel2332
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »