• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scored reported - hambone
i just got 221 ,and with the new 2 digits score scale was 81,
here my experience
nbme 6 310 3months out
nbme 7 430 2 months out
nbme 11 430 1months out
nbme 3 500 1 weeks out
the new two digits score kind sucks but usmle want the residency programs to look at the 3 digits score rather than 2 digits score .
thats a good score congrats .....wtf tho why the heck they change it and how the heck they made a 221 into a 81 thats sad why are they doing this to us!??!?!
that's super weird. Since 220, was at least 95. Well, you are right about 3-digit score, I recently talked to american medical school students, they don't even know the meaning of 2-digit. And for most of them to get 195+ is more than enough.
It's an awesome score, congrats.
L.

I remember 228 being a low 99 at one point...this doesn't change the passing score in any way right?

@hambone: Congrats!!
http://www.usmle.org/general_information...ments.aspx

scroll down on da article
yep i guess thats what they wants the 3 digits score for residency programs ,and forget the two digits score
congrats doc. any tips on the last month or few weeks of studying until exam. please share
congratulations!

I am a little bit confused about the NEW SCORE SCALE, please explain more about it?
Before three digits score such as 220=92 and now is it changed to 220= 81 or the score will be reported just by 3 digits?

Thank you

@maryam: score will be reported to us in both 2 & 3 digits....but to residency programs only in 3 digits. so I guess it doesn't really change much..
@carpediem1

Thank you Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »