Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go ahead with CK after step 1 - bharat1
Guys
Here is my piece of advice.
Take CK with in few months of step 1 and dont waste the memory fumbling with CS.
two reasons:
1. Most Qs of CK and step 1 are similar anyway. If you take CK right away without preparing immediately after step 1, you would be surprised your scores wont be that bad. But you wont be that stupid to attempt this suicide since you definately need to prepare for a few months atleast for CK.
2. Do you really have a compeling reason to take CS ahead of CK? It is logical if you do, but ask yourself twice about it. If you dont have sufficient reason, then taking CS after CK would actually be more productive since you would read more clinical stuff.

All I am saying is preparing for CK would be much easier if you do it with fresh memory from step 1.
Good Luck.
Thanks.
Agree

thanks.
nice
You welcome guys.
This is simply derived from my own experience. I still regret not taking CK after step 1. It would have been both a time-efficient and qiucker path to residency.
Anyway I just wanted to look back at those who are passing through that painful process i passed through.
Hope and hardwork! Never listen to all discouraging jumble people post. You can do this. YOU ARE DOCTORS, for heavens sake.
Happy deepvali!
Now go back to your studies.
Thanks for the advise. What do you recommend for us who are still preparing for step 1. I'm thinking for take a look at the internal medicine while doing the systemic pathology and pharmacology. Would that works ? If so what's the best Inernal medicine materials. I have kaplan and med study.
up up
ur absolutely right

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »