Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
266/99 in step 2! -
PRITHVIRAJ BOSE

Hi!
Just wanted to share a couple of thoughts with all of you out there,now that my Step 2 grind has come to such a happy ending.Firstly,Step 2 is TOUGH,REAL TOUGH,not like Step 1.I
got 268/99 in Step 1(see Step 1 forum),so I should know!The
point I want to make is,Step 1 is about knowing or not knowing,not about clinical decision making.So one can come out of
the Prometric center with a fair idea about how one has done.
Not so in Step 2.You have to make lots of management decisions,just diagnosing the condition will NOT help.And there
will be at least one tantalizingly close option apart from the correct one.I couldn't rule out a score in the 80s after my exam!
Secondly,there is no set formula for success.I have seen that
almost everyone agrees on what books to use for Step 1.Here
it's not like that.I did hardly any Kaplan or Blueprints,relying for the most part on NMS and PreTest.The key is not to do what everybody is doing,but simply knowing the stuff WELL.Do
what suits YOU.
Hope this helps,
PRITHVIRAJ
lztao

would you please give more details of your exam experiences? Are there many neuros?

good luck in your future career.
pdog

please share your experiences and your recomendations for studying - i have less than three months and need to do extremely well
thanks
Soumya Chatterjee

Prithvirajda,
Congratulations on your great score.Glad to know that all the misgivings you had regarding the step 2 didn't turn out right.Now we can all breathe easy.

aj

is it necessary to know about stages of cancer like for breast ca or others ?
huusain - hussain__04

can u please share the strategy for studying step 2 ,and which questions mosy likely represent step 2 exam ,example ,q bank or what ever ,congratulations for ur marvellous score
jay

hi
can u please tell what materials u used for step 1 as well as step 2

thanks
jay
Hedi

Congragulations ! You did great !
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »